• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT Tires On Asphalt

hamster huey

How do the TT tires hold up on asphalt? I am considering a onroad rally style build and if I bought the TT I would either use the stock tires, mcd rally sedan tires if I can get the adapters, or bowties. My first choice is the TT tires becuase they are no additional cost but if the wont last Ill sell them new and get something else.

Ron E

Contributor
I ran for almost an hour on the road and parking lot, lots of power slides, drifting style corners and some donuts. several high speed runs with sideways sliding to a stop. all in all for a pin style tire they have held up well. starting to feather the nubs and angle them back, outer ones are worn pretty good. then ran in the grass and dirt and still worked well, I may rotate them after the next run, but for as much abuse as i've put them thru and on a surface they were not meant for, they still look good.

that being said... they wont last for long being run only on road, you would be better off with a real on road tire like krypt has.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlvaSpeed

The TT tires will last a couple of minutes only.

Those are OFF Road only tires.

hamster huey

yep to the hostiles. Do you know there diameter? I know the bow ties are very good on/off through experience and have a dia similar to the TT. Its been hard to find buggy size or smaller tires that are good on/off like rally tires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.