• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT Roll Cage

yolonda21

Contributor
This is what timsted and i spent the afternoon doing today. Took a few hours, a couple #$%*ups, and tada timsted has a new cage. Final touches tomorrow, then reassembly and look out.......Turned out pretty good for a couple of dummies don't you think?

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Attachments

• 003-1.jpg
    003-1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 004-1.jpg
    004-1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 005-1.jpg
    005-1.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 007-1.jpg
    007-1.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0

Sprint 77

Contributor
These trucks need bracing especialy with the MT tires. I had the first cage and braces out for the forum just a month after truck release for that reason.

Bracing will help with the diff cups too I believe since it helps reduce shock load from chassis flex on all the drivetrain.

timsted

planning, what planning?? we kinda just started with the hoop and went from there. i knew i wanted it low and narrow, strong yet simple. 8 bolts to remove, and should look good enough to run without a body.

50mph, with all my rc's, if it doesn't shake off the last time i ran it, it belongs there. i've got a 3-4 year old savage running original bearings because i don't insist on washing dirt into the races.

thanks for the comments guys, now that the cage is built, there should be some sweet vids comming once we can find the jumps under this snow.

kun114

Very nice.

I need to make a cage for mine. Just don't know where to get the tubing.

Anybody know of a place I could order from? The only thing I can find around here is 3/8" solid rod.

yolonda21

Contributor
Here are a few more pictures, all welded up and with a wing mount added. Its half a$$ mocked up for the photo shoot. All thats left is clean-up and some paint........Next weeks project will be a cage on my MT, just waiting for a header to arrive so I can mount my new pipe first, then we can build the cage around the pipe.... ;)

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

yolonda21

Contributor
Its a Hurrax Crypton, with one gallon of colemans fuel threw the zenoah

26cc.......Everything is for sale for the right price, make me an offer.....??? Its a really nice machine.

timsted

rollcage worked well so far, multiple flips, rolls and cartwheels. unfortunately, the side dom really isn't meant to be used as a brake, go figure.

DSCF0940.jpg

DSCF0938.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts