• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT Resurrection

DemonRC

My partner dropped off his old TT which I think has been sitting in his back patio for two years uncovered. So far I've stripped it down to the diffs and rebuilt both of them since they had cracked outdrive cups and shafts. I cleaned all the rust off of the nutz and bolts, dogbones, drive cups, etc. Then came in and deannodized all the orange and blue alloy and mirror polished it. I have a few things I need to pickup to get it running such as a layshaft, 2 bearings, and a brake shaft bushing. Nothing much. Here's some pics so far.

The first 3 pics are the newly salvaged TT. The 4th pic is my old TT I sold to Obeast that I want back.

DemonRC

I just picked up some for the XB. I borrowed all types of tires today to figure out what I wanted to run. 5T Rodeos ran really well but they were heavy. The front bowties are light and handle really well on the TT or XB. I'll get some pics up of the new bowties on the XB. They really make it look better with the larger diameter wheels.

I'll have this one back to better running condition than my last TT. I'll be moving the 2 speed prototype to the TT soon and continue running the belt drive on the XB. I really don't think the XB needs it anyways.

Ol' fart

DemonRC said:
You should've seen it before it got cleaned up. I was almost a throw away.
Too bad you don't have a " before" pic, the "after" pic looks (I'm from california so speak like Arnold) Fantastic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online