• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

TT Rear Skid/Bumper

hamster huey

I converted my MT to a TT. I wanted to use a 5b wing but keep the rear MT skid/bumper for protection. Seeing how the TT wing mounts where the MT skid/bumper mounts I came up with a new place to mount the wing. It is heighth adjustable. Basically I took a front body mount from the MT and mounted it behind the rear body mount. So it has both a body mount and a wing mount. Remove the old rear body mount amd screws. Then take 4 really long screws and go through the wing mount, tower, and body mount. You can secure the screws with nuts for added protection. I used traxxas body washers and body clips to hold the wing down.

Ron E

Contributor
awesome idea, nice to have some protection for the rear of the tt and the baja wing looks great. nice job Hamster.

rob64n

Contributor
looks nice, i tried to run just the wing stay on my truck but if the truck lands on the rear i have broke one a-arm so i was going to make aluminum bars to go from bumper to the wing stay, but still debating.

hamster huey

Rob and Obeast you guys both have great ideas. I did not have a wing mount on hand so I had to make do with what I have. Worst case scenario the 7.99 body mount wont work as a wing mount and Ill have to do it another way. Ill let you guys know how durable it is after I crash a few times. It seems pretty flexible. Obeast do you have a picture of how you did yours just in case?

Obeast44

Banned
Ya I can get some pics tomorrow, the superbowl is on so if you don't mind waiting til then :)

Found a pic I had on photobucket

MTandLosi009-2.jpg

I know its not a close shot but its what I had :)

I might try that setup on my truggy so I can use the extra mounts on the rear of my mt body. The cage I have uses the rear body mounts in front of the shock tower.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikey

JR. Team Driver
that is nice obeast hey rob64n.rob64n helped me get a tt obeast are u comming to the race ill be comming with rob64n and u. ill see u there ok.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts