• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

transmission plate screws?

scooby61

OK I went through this truck when I bought it and locked everything. No problems except the screws that go through the chassis to the Trans plate. I'm on my third set I've locked them with blue twice but if I use red the heads will probably strip if I ever need them out. Any suggestions? So far they hold fine for short runs but any time I burn 3/4 of a tank I end up missing 2 or all three. Could heat be the issue?

Phill

scooby61 said:
OK I went through this truck when I bought it and locked everything. No problems except the screws that go through the chassis to the Trans plate. I'm on my third set I've locked them with blue twice but if I use red the heads will probably strip if I ever need them out. Any suggestions? So far they hold fine for short runs but any time I burn 3/4 of a tank I end up missing 2 or all three. Could heat be the issue?
I've got one with a stripped head just from using blue.

Can't understand why it wouldn't hold on yours.

RampageHopUps

Most likely your screw or thread aren't clean. Use alveoli to clean both. Then blue loctite and wait 24 hours to run.

scooby61

I was wondering how alveoli would work lol. I used alcohol and applied liberal blue locker yesterday I'll give it a good run today and see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts