• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Track Safety

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have mentioned this b4 on other forums but not here. We as large scale racers. Have to come to the realization that these cars SOULD NOT be ran like 1/10 and 1/8 scale races. NO MARSHALS video after video I see marshalls in infield of 1/5 scales racing with hands in pockets. VERY DANGEROUS

I think these 1/5 scale races should be ran by lap, not clock and no marshalling a yellow light, red light go turn the vehicle over back to green. Like 1/4 scale racing is. It only takes one broken leg lawsuit to hurt all of us racers from getting a santioning body started.

Just_Gerald

Agreed 100%. That is how we run our racing. Much more like a Nascar event. basically flip or crash and it is yellow flag, you loose a lap and we start again. much much safer and adds that 'real' car race feel.

Shiny

I agree. My brother banged his leg with the Baja SS (he was driving it) at a ridiculously slow speed. And it hearted him like hell. Must be vary careful, sometimes when I run in the desert people gather and get too close to it. I just stop and change location.

flint mann

I agree these cars are 25 lbs and do 35+ miles per hour the red yellow green light/flag is the safe way to go. These "beasts" will do major damage to extremities if they hit someone marshaling an event.

Piranha2

Contributor
I hate to say it but my GF's son got the MT stuck in the snow, so I freed up the truck and he gassed it the other way, RPM's came up quick and the truck did a 180 and hit me in the back of the leg knocking me down.......I was NOT happy!!!!! I told him that is the only thing that will stop this hobby for us. STOP when anyone or anything is in the area.......period!

kryptonite

i think the warning is necesary. common sense is a great habbit. but the last thing i want to do on a cold day at the track is stop. that will couse more accedents as our tires cool down instantly. what a mess!! we don't run in circles. 1/4 scales don't hit DOUBLES. so we need marshals. leave quarter scale rules right were they are.. on paper in a file cabinet.. for some this is a hobby, for some its a sport. if someone gets tire rash or a banged up ankle, then so be it. if your gona cry, go home. if your gona race, man-up. no track is gona get shut down for a toe injury. they all have to have insurance. lots of tracks get closed down but not for track misconduct. FOR LACK OF RACERS!! i don't have to wear a helmit when i ride. and you don't have to stand next to me when i smoke. if you are afraid of getting hurt at the track... STAY HOME!! other then that use common sense. don't run nere kids. don't let kids run it. stay off the street. and have a kill switch

kryptonite

Piranha2 said:
YEAH, what's up with the parking job with the van? Was that the only spot to park?
are you refering to the "pink pimped out track side ride"? ya i know. not sure why i praked their.. but it was in the way. i hit it a few times coming off that jump.

pipeous

I also think 5th scale tracks need tamer jumps. These aren't 8th scales. Keeping the wheels closer to the ground is easier on the cars and people.

My last race in 8th scale last year I hit a kid in the leg. It was off a big jump. I was chasing someone I knew and he usually takes the middle of that jump. I heard the announcer say he tumbled and I was about 20 feet behind so I took the inside and went for it. There were 2 people that ran for the flipped buggy, one being the kid. I was in the air and all I could do was yell. Tough kid though. He cried a bit at first and 3 of us couldn't even pull our triggers. He wasn't looking at the jump and had his back to it. Right in the calf...

It's hard not to push when someone has flipped you are chasing. We are all competitive. And it's generally the big air places that one loses sight of oncoming traffic, or even a marshalling area in between 2 lanes...

no kids allowed to be marshalls is rule number one in my books. A consciencious race announcer(s) or even 2 marshalls per area so one is a spotter would help, just less coverage. If you flip, you might have to sit until the pair can safely get to your car. so shut up and don't scream at them, it's your own fault if you flipped. Marshalls are a courtesy, not a privilege

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.