• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

torqueing engine parts

alfred e numan

I was looking at a UK Hpi site the other evening and found a thread that listed torque settings for a 26cc engine, the guy said they were in his hpi manual. I guess this is the two bolt version? I have worked on quite a few cars, trucks,dirt bikes, long guns - ect, I always torque- repeatable settings. On steel bolts to -tru soft metal i NEVER use a clicker - always a hi quality beam. my preference. lubed threads - I - 10% of the suggested settings. Agan, personal preference. What do you builders in 1/5 gas do? Torque or feel? - My snug- tight feel is not so good- Once I torque a part- then remove I sorta have a feel, I prefer to go by the Nm-inch#s. Is there a thread out there that lists settings for H-Y 30cc?? Alfred sez- What? Me Worry?? Yes I do. About stripped threads- everything else in the world is out of my control so why sweat it? har-har!! This is cool, go to U-tube, type in Audi S-1 or Audi group B supercar- This the factory drivers in the 80s that had a big set below. thanks for time and enjoy 4wd.

GTS 666

The torque settings for the Hy would be the same that is used for the cy used in the Hpi. Group B cars were awesome check out Pikes peak / climb dance. Another cool one is Rendezvous / it's a ferrai going through the streets of Paris.

alfred e numan

I printed the specs off the uk-hpi forum- head bolt, crank case halfs, fly wheel, all 6/9 N/M. It shows specs for all the parts- Including part numbers-- In the future i may install a .30mm copper base gasket, with a lite film of spray on copper kote- 2 bolt ya know? Thanks for reply Deluge and GTS triple 6. Oh-gts I was told a long time ago that the chirping noise the B-Audi made on pavement was the differentals- he said this S-1 series had 6 diffs!! cannot confirm this, thats what I was told. There was a rally in wales where these group B cars were jumping a measured 130 feet on pavement- The U.k. Wales.

46u

I torque all my engine fasteners on my 5b SS. Found a cheap click torque wrench on the web for $30 that I keep in my pit box. I checked it against my $200 Snap On and it was dead on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts