• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Top speed mt

Stricnine

i keep having friends ask me what the top speed is of this MT. i know with the right hopups and gearing it will flat out get some. im just curious whats the fastest anyone has gotten one of these to go, any gearing and any upgrades. :eek:

G

Jetpro side mount. Stock gearing 25,35,25,25. Stock wheels. Best speed is 35.1mph. It was a nice cool morning. Normally it's around 33mph. Can't wait to get the OBR and Demons 2 speed. I am hoping to get the pig in the 50mph range.

I never checked it stock. I wish I did. I use the gps app on my phone. The phone fits nice in the front bumper.

Stricnine

thats a good idea with the phone. ive seen them on utube hit like 47mph. i think it had different wheels with exhaust.

DemonRC

Take a look at the following Rampage stock gear chart. Find the gearing that you are running that you like. Take a look at the ratio.

Rampage%20Gear%20Ratios.jpg

2%20Speed%20Ratios.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bajadave

I have a mt v3 and put a cpi pipe on it plus a big bore kit with a 2mm stuffer crank stock gears and tires and am hitting 49.5 gps but the motor only has 1a tank thru it and I have not tuned it yet still running a little rich til I run 3 tanks thru it

DemonRC

You could run 35/21 2 speed gearing which will offer slightly more punch than a 27/33/25/25 stock gear. The 2nd speed will be identical to a 30/30/25/25 stock gear setup. I used to run 30/30 in my TT with bowties and it was pretty dam fast. I was running between 43-45 mph on that. With those huge MT tires you'd be going much faster than that since the circumferance of the MT tires is much bigger.

Rampage%20Gear%20Ratios.jpg

2%20Speed%20Ratios.jpg

G

-bajadave

That's impressive. Is that on the street or dirt? I clock mine on the street & even in the 30s the wheels and tires are shaken like crazy. I always check for loose pins and bolts. They just seem to be way out of balance.

DemonRC

bajadave said:
I have a mt v3 and put a cpi pipe on it plus a big bore kit with a 2mm stuffer crank stock gears and tires and am hitting 49.5 gps but the motor only has 1a tank thru it and I have not tuned it yet still running a little rich til I run 3 tanks thru it
Just curious. What gearing are you running?

bajadave

I have 30/30/25/25 gearing. And yes those big mt tires shake like crazy wobble too. I want to try a smaller tire on my mt to see if I can get it faster maybe a tire that is not as wide but still same height.

G

Yeah, I just got a set of prolines with trenchers. Almost as tall and much narrower. I don't have them installed yet. I'm waiting on some aluminum parts and will install them at the same time. :)

G

Oh yeah, waiting like crazy for that 2 speed!!!

DemonRC

MCD Cheetah tires are massive like the MT tires but are half the weight. You'd be suprised how well they handle. They also have a 24mm hex and go right on a Baja hub. If you want to maintain a MT look and still get some speed these are the way to go.

IMG_2663.jpg

bajadave

Those look nice. I was looking at a set om ebay that are 81/2 inch tall and 41/4 wide which is 1inch less in width than the stock mt tires.

krashkrieg

Contributor
With Buggy Gearing and Tires, CPI pipe, 26cc stock, tuned to brown paper bag, I GPS'd mine at 39 mph.

When I get my head gasket issues worked out :( , I will re-GPS mine with rebuilt motor and MT tires and gearing, then 1:1 belt drive testing.

savagekiller

ramp XT 34mph all stock.... still tuning with only 6 tanks through it, but yeah... tires wobble like crazy! can anyone confirm that pro lines cut down on this wobble... or possibly, 7075rc hubs and carriers? will that work?

Gearing

bajadave said:
I have 30/30/25/25 gearing. And yes those big mt tires shake like crazy wobble too. I want to try a smaller tire on my mt to see if I can get it faster maybe a tire that is not as wide but still same height.
Thats not stock gearing... 25/35/25/25 is. What are the Redcat part numbers for your 30/30 gearing on a MT v3 with the 4 pin gear setup?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts