• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tires wobble

kydo32

Anyone know why my tires and rims wobble on the rear of my mt ? i have looked it over and cant tell. being new and all I don't really know what I am looking for. The nuts holding tires on is tight and i see no damage or anything

kydo32

its not the tires itself its where the rim is mounted on truck . it moves back and forth when truck is off the ground and not running ive checked the nut that holds rim on but its tight .do you think its in suspension? it acts loose but everything seems to be tight?

Last edited by a moderator:

rcgasser

ok have you checked the pin that holds the wheel hub on the cvd? So are you saying that if you put another tire on that it still wobbles? If you take the tire off and turn the gears does the cvd spin true? Also try to spin the tire on something else not on the car I am sure that the wheel wobbles.

Ildy666

Check the pin in the a arm to See if the a arm is elongated mine did that and it moved around alot

kydo32

Ildy666 said:
Check the pin in the a arm to See if the a arm is elongated mine did that and it moved around alot
a arm is top or bottom? I know its one of them I hate being a newbie lol what do you mean by elongated? . gasser we are misunderstanding it has nothing to do with the stock tires or the rim. its when you bolt down rims where they mount with lug nut the rim will wobble back and forth the cvd drive is fine , pin is fine its not the rim either its like its the bearing holder behind tire and the a arms are loose or something but everything is tight both tires do that in the rear ive checked lower arms , upper arms and everythings they are like there suppose to be .fronts seem to slightly do it but steering arms seems to help stiffen it up .

rcgasser

Ok idly made a good suggestion check the pins in the arm what he means by elongated the weight of the tires and arms can pull on the pins and make the hole bigger that then pins slides into and cause a gap and it will wobble, but with that you should see the complete arm moving. Also check the bearing in the hub carrier and make sure they are spinning true and no ball bearing have fell out.

kydo32

rcgasser said:
Ok idly made a good suggestion check the pins in the arm what he means by elongated the weight of the tires and arms can pull on the pins and make the hole bigger that then pins slides into and cause a gap and it will wobble, but with that you should see the complete arm moving. Also check the bearing in the hub carrier and make sure they are spinning true and no ball bearing have fell out.
if it is the pins is there any easy fix? I hope so parts are starting to add up lol

kydo32

I have aluminum upper arms if I put them on do you think plastic parts will hold up till can get more aluminum parts? I don't plan on jumping with it

Silent_chaos

kydo32 said:
I have aluminum upper arms if I put them on do you think plastic parts will hold up till can get more aluminum parts? I don't plan on jumping with it
Since a lot is ruled out, i suggest you take a look on the lower suspension arms. If they are plastic it's most likely that they are bent.

Pic related, those are my xb lower arms before i changed them to 7075. They wobbled a lot which made it very unstable. (Very frustrating)

I never have owned an Mt before but Im guessing the matrial of the plastic used in the redcat is the same on all platforms.

After installing the 7075, the wobbling disappeared.

BertR

It will not hurt to mix plastic and aluminum parts together....sometimes it's a good thing to have a little flex in key areas.

rampage idiot

My bet is on a MT all it is is bearing movement even with brand new bearings I have play in mine!

kydo32

well I took it out and ran it nothing broke{crossing fingers} so maybe it does have some play it ran great dead on in steering straight but I put a Zenoah 320rc and finally got to see final run .all I can say is holy shit!!!! its a beast!!! sorry for language but there is no words but those to describe it I couldn't wait I had to see what truck could do lol. I will check out your advice on parts I was think of putting aluminum upper arms on see if makes a difference this should help me narrow it down to whats causing it.

cs49230

My wheels alone without tires have some wobble in them. A 6" x 8" long pvc pipe standing on end made a great press for removing the wheels from the foam and tires.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.