• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires blowing out of beadlocks

CyberVet65

Contributor
I have read several places where the guys running twin cylinders are h aving problems keeping the tires in place.

I have a Rampage MT with a OBR 30.5cc race ported engine. Runs great. Except for the fact that I have to rebuild the tires after every run. They are coming out of the beadlocks.

So far:

Wrapped all the foams with Gorilla tape. Three wraps.

Silverback Beadlocks

What next? I guess try gluing the foams to the wheels?

Putting RTV on the beadlocks?

Any suggestions?

These are ProLine Trenchers that I am running with Hostile foams.

Help!! Sure would like more than just one run.

Silent_chaos

A lot of people use glue, DDM has it. Email them, Steve can help you: [email protected]

Also, Try Hostile MXT tires Extra hard compound with Hostile Rear 5B Zero Growth molded foam inserts. They come in Yellow color. These are by far the greatest.

Also, ever tried running BRP tires? They use same tire material of a 1:1 bridgestone

CyberVet65

Contributor
Once you get the BRP tires you have to get the adapters to run them. I have only seen tires for 1/4 scale. Will these fit on a 1/5th scale?

Zero growth foams. I am gonna get a set of these. Then glue them to the wheels. Then wrap them with Gorilla tape. Them use the long hardware to tie them down. If they still come out of the beads then I am going to just cry! :(

Silent_chaos

CyberVet65 said:
Once you get the BRP tires you have to get the adapters to run them. I have only seen tires for 1/4 scale. Will these fit on a 1/5th scale?Zero growth foams. I am gonna get a set of these. Then glue them to the wheels. Then wrap them with Gorilla tape. Them use the long hardware to tie them down. If they still come out of the beads then I am going to just cry! :(
if im not mistaken, the BRP tires will fit the MT without any mods but will not fit the other X-platforms.

if I were you id ask the forum or email Bishop racing.

however, a lot of people do use the BRP tires on their 5th scale (baja) using special IRP hubs.

CyberVet65

Contributor
For the first time I am not fixing tires! I put the stock ones back on. Two things are immediately noticable. Top end is way down and turning radius is about doubled. But no tire repair.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts