• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires and rims

mwoods269

Need some info on what rims and tires will work on my MT V3. I'd like some his polished aluminum or chrome. Need adapters? What size are stock MT V3 rims and tires?

krashkrieg

Contributor
MT hubs only work with MT wheels.

RCPitstop sells great adapters and you can run any Baja wheels.

Polished AL rims are really only good for street running they get really dinged up running offfroad.

mwoods269

Re: Tires and rims

Baja wheels same size as monster truck mt?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

G

mwoods269 said:
Need some info on what rims and tires will work on my MT V3. I'd like some his polished aluminum or chrome. Need adapters? What size are stock MT V3 rims and tires?
Proline makes some nice chromed plastic wheels. Yep you need 24mm adapters to run the Baja wheels.

G

mwoods269 said:
Baja wheels same size as monster truck mt?Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
They will be smaller. The Proline Trenchers are the tallest Baja tire that I know of. I have a set for my MT. Here are some pic.

troz0165

RC dad

can you tell me how those trencher tires hook up compared to the stockers. Im thinking about this set up for my mt along with the single steering servo set up. thanks J.T

rampagemt

Re: Tires and rims

I would like to know too. Rcdad with his monster trophy truck with trenchers hoe does that beast hook up

G

The Trenchers are a great tire. They grab really well on most suffices, dirt, grass, even the pavement.

G

Just an FYI....

The trencher is a 5t tire. Mine are mounted on 5b rears. That gives them a wider look. The 5b rear wheels are a bit wider than the 5t rear wheels.

troz0165

good info

sounds good i was kinda worried about it because with the big tires i have trouble hooking up, just wanted some input so do you like it better with the trenchers or the stockers also are you still running the single steering servo im torn on this issue too.

G

I plan to convert to a single servo. The truck is currently torn down. I like the Trenchers because they are sooo much lighter. Turns better with them also. I really never had in issue of the huge MT tires hooking up. It was more trying to get them moving quicker.

I am actually going to throw the MT tires back on. I have a lot of fifth scales and it is my only MT style truck. I am going to throw the new huge Hitec in it when they come out to turn those beasts. It now has the Ramflow 36. Just waiting to get the servo to break her in.

Last edited:

blak__jak

I run trenchers on split six rims and like them much better than stock. they hook-up great on just about any surface are much lighter so spin up quicker and they rid you of the out of balance issues that come with the monster m/t stockers. the only thing I do like the stock m/t wheels and tires for is steep rocky hill climbs. their softer compound seems to do better than the denser trenchers.

berto1230781

hey rcdad will the Desperado 5b rears fit on the proline trenchers?? i read your post that if u use the 5b rears it will give it alittle wider look thanks also i need to adapters for then can u point me in the right direction to pick then up

G

You can mount the rear Trencher to the 5b rear. I have a set for my MT mounted like that.

berto1230781

hey rc im at your website and do the extended adapters push the wheel out further?? do u have any regular adapters that doesn't push the wheel out??

G

They do widen the stance. At this time we do not have any that don't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts