• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tires always moving while engine running

smokinzoltar

Just replaced clutch as my original one spring broke.i bought the 8k one.
Gears are free
Shafts free
Carb set back to factory

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. I'm missing something, but could use some help.

Any ideas?

smokinzoltar

I think I figured out my problem... Looks like a bearing.

Attachments

• 20191025_091427.jpg
    20191025_091427.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20191025_091416.jpg
    20191025_091416.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 6

Dobber72

I think I figured out my problem... Looks like a bearing.
Yes that's the problem and do not over tighten the clutch when you re install it or you will have the same problem the wheels will move and if you still have the stock plate they holds the bearing it will melt it and you will have all sorts of problems.

Dobber72

I don't know the exact torque but I do know the first time I replaced mine I had a heck of a time I tightened the crap out of it. I would say chole up on you ratchet or wrench and maybe use a little of lock Tite blue on it as well you want it tight an freely moving you can tell when you over tighten it or I could after I messed up the first time.

smokinzoltar

Wow, I appreciate the advice for sure! I haven't read anywhere about that! You might have saved me another clutch lol

Dobber72

No problem and hope i did.I bought alot of 8,000 rpm clutches up when you could get them from eBay for $9 back a couple years ago.

smokinzoltar

It seems the clutch give the stock engine a huge boost! I plan to upgrade the engine later, but that will have to wait until I get the funds.

Dobber72

It seems the clutch give the stock engine a huge boost! I plan to upgrade the engine later, but that will have to wait until I get the funds.
Yes it seemed like that to me too I have did nothing but put a rear mount jet pro and a 8k clutch in mine and it runs good enough for me.

smokinzoltar

Out it all back together and the wheels still turn when I start it. I guess I'll try to loosen the clutch... Any ideas?

$nake_Life

Out it all back together and the wheels still turn when I start it. I guess I'll try to loosen the clutch... Any ideas?
Do you have the shim washers behind the clutch? And the Belleville washer between the head of the bolt and the clutch I made this mistake once there should be a arrow on the clutch it should be facing out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online