• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tire truing 101, you'll get a kick out of this one

kryptonite

i like the MT tires, but i just don't have enough torque to get them going off the line. my thought was if i ruined the set of tires i would get some excavators(good excuse right). unfortanitly i did not ruin the tires.

instead i:

-wasted 5+ hours of my life.

-stabbed my self 3 times in the stomach.

-sliced 2 finger(not really bad, but enough to laugh at).

-gave myself 3 blisters

-made a complete mess in my shop.

-clogged up new vaccum with rubber dust

but i did shed some weight off the tires. it feels like more then 2lbs, but i cant imagine it being any more then that. it spins the wheels alot nicer and "roosts up" pretty sweet. (my X-can strangles my O'BROS ported 28.5). once i made that first "clip" of the tread i new i had to keep going. i used an exacto knife and sanded them down on a belt sander. since its done im happy. mainly with the tire spinning action as it was hard for me to get the them "meats" going on the pavement.

note: i am by all meens saying this is a great hop-up/mod/must do. it was nearly a complete waist of time and i wouldnt sugjest it to anybody. the best thing that could come out of this is a good laugh..

kryptonite

they wiegh about 9.7lbs. i think the tt tires are like 4.something, or close to 5.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts