• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Tips to keep your Redcat running

Haroldbee

TROUBLE-AVOIDANCE TIPS, TO KEEP YOUR REDCAT-RAMPAGE FUN GOING:

I've been running my Redcat Rampage XR gas car, for about two months now, and have gleaned a depth of experience that puts me in a position to share them, as practical tips. Here are my first two tips:

TIP #1: Screws will shake loose while you're having fun. A VERY important set of screws comprise the large set-screw found on the middle gear, under your gear-case, that large set-screw on the shaft connected to your pinion gear (that engages your drive gear that connects the dog bones that drive your front and rear wheels), and the set-screws that hold the cups into which the drive-train dog bones fit. Every one of them can shake loose during heavy running.
Check your car's manual, find the stock numbers for those set-screws, and order replacements for your toolbox. I bought mine from the Robert McLean's, Rampage Shop.

TIP #2: MAKE SURE TO HAVE A TUBE OF BLUE THREADLOCK, IN YOUR TOOLBOX! Metal-in-metal screws shake loose; threadlocking them in place, keeps that rc-smile on your face.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.