• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Throttle servo died while full throttle

Petrolheadz100

Running my chimera in a construction site when i noticed loss of power, realized the servo crapped out but went back to center which was odd. When i turned it by hand it was centering but no controls from the tx....this is weird and i have no killswitch installed....

mdknightrider

Running my chimera in a construction site when i noticed loss of power, realized the servo crapped out but went back to center which was odd. When i turned it by hand it was centering but no controls from the tx....this is weird and i have no killswitch installed....
#1 PUT ON A REMOTE KILL SWITCH #2 In my opinion put waterproof throttle in and also a WATERPROOF steering servo as well. The reason is this, if you run into water or mud THAT MESSES WITH THE SERVOS, just saying.

sunoco

#1 PUT ON A REMOTE KILL SWITCH #2 In my opinion put waterproof throttle in and also a WATERPROOF steering servo as well. The reason is this, if you run into water or mud THAT MESSES WITH THE SERVOS, just saying.

never ever run these 1/5th scales without a kill switch. best reason? because if you own anything of value- your own home- for example if something goes really wrong you could be sued and lose everything including the shirt off your back. Think about this warning post before you are tempted to do a quick tune up run out on a public road- school lawn- any public place. Yea i am guilty as anyone else - i was hammering the xb wide open in front of my former home in a little town in oregon several years ago-- we all get tunnel vision driving- paying attention to the r-c.-- lady next door left the gate open-- an adult female pit bull shot out in front of the xb-- wide open impact. the car actually body slammed the dog hard enough to knock it out for about 5 min. bent my shock tower back- the dog came two- wobbled back into the yard- i quickly latched the gate- lucky for me- there was nobody home--

Petrolheadz100

Ill be getting the dynamite killswitch maybe. I keep hearing horrors of people having failing switches or causing problems...makes you second thought the subject. Its alot of wires to cram into the rx tray and a bunch of tiewraps around the rollcage...makes you not want to deal with that.

Petrolheadz100

not trying to spend a fortune on a Killswitch I just want something that works doing research search I see that the dynamite seems to be working good

mdknightrider

Ill be getting the dynamite killswitch maybe. I keep hearing horrors of people having failing switches or causing problems...makes you second thought the subject. Its alot of wires to cram into the rx tray and a bunch of tiewraps around the rollcage...makes you not want to deal with that.
Go with what sunoco and myself said, we both have had RUNAWAYS and to tell you the truth IT IS NOT FUN WATCHING YOUR INVESTMENT RUNNING AWAY, So with that being said, GET A KILLER RC KILLER BEE KILL SWITCH its worth it.

Thwmathue

It is an investment you're going to spend money on it. Might as well get the most bang for your buck. And that is the killer rc kill switch.

Petrolheadz100

Is there something about the dynamite that you guys are against, has it got problems or fails often? Just wondering why its got great ratings online and cost 1/3 the price?

Thwmathue

Personal experience with both the dynamite kill switch and the killer rc kill switch is the killer rc kill switch is more consistent with its functionality. I found that the dynamite kill switch didn't always work sometimes it wouldn't allow the engine to start, and other times it wouldn't shut it off when it should. I have not had any issues with the killer rc kill switch it works the way it should every time

Petrolheadz100

I will consider that info..guess ill try out the dynamite and if any issues will get the killer rc thanks for your input all.

sunoco

Go with what sunoco and myself said, we both have had RUNAWAYS and to tell you the truth IT IS NOT FUN WATCHING YOUR INVESTMENT RUNNING AWAY, So with that being said, GET A KILLER RC KILLER BEE KILL SWITCH its worth it.

this is another way to look at what brand of parts we use-- speaking for myself--- killer r-c - fast eddy- and others support this site. just look at whom is offering free stuff in the giveaway contest. this site seems to be going pretty well- redcats are affordable. yes, i do have other brands of cars. one is setting- no more parts - the brand vanished. agan, in my humble opinion - this site has more posts than a couple others do combined.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
not trying to spend a fortune on a Killswitch I just want something that works doing research search I see that the dynamite seems to be working good
LoL, you just spent several hundred dollars on a toy RC that also just had a servo flake out on you. You seen first hand the danger on why you need a kill switch, but you're suddenly worried about a $60 kill switch?

Kevin's xb

I have a servo coming and didn't notice until I already ordered it but it's a 7.4v and the receiver pack for my xb is I think 6v will it work or did I just way my money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online