• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Three wheel motion

Dieselaw

I was just curious if I broke a diff cup while romping my Chimera, could i just pull the dog bone out and keep romping? Considering it is 4 wheel drive. Not sure if it would put any stress on the differential, only spinning one tire . I don't plan on doing this a lot, i was just thinking if i got into a pinch. Let me know what you guys think.....

bullaculla

I broke a diff cup, and removed the whole front diff. I just ran it in RWD.

Just my opinion, but I think if you tired to run it with just one dog bone, it would send all the power to the side with the least resistance. It would cause unnecessary wear to your diff and might even cause the car to pull to one side. Better to just pull them both until replacement parts arrive. RWD is pretty fun anyway :)

Dieselaw

I think you are right, i am just gonna pull the other dog bone and run it that way till my parts come in. Thx for the opinion. Its hard to not get out and run my car on a saturday. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts