• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

This is a first for me....

XBENOOB

Mad Gear Dallas edition - Power switch on the hobbywing ESC broke :eek:

I've had ESC quit on me... I have had them go up in smoke... But I've never had a power switch break off..

That little piece of plastic snapped off... That's a new one... for me at least...

XBENOOB

Well That didn't work... Tried replacing the switch, and it doesn't work... Tried joining the red with the black wire, and it power ups the ESC, but it won't move it forward or reverse...

Very strange.....

That is one very expensive little piece of plastic..... :(

Obeast44

Banned
XBENOOB said:
Well That didn't work... Tried replacing the switch, and it doesn't work... Tried joining the red with the black wire, and it power ups the ESC, but it won't move it forward or reverse... Very strange.....

That is one very expensive little piece of plastic..... :(
The on/off switch is what burned up on my ESC at powerjam as well.

krebidoux

if it powers up but won't work then it's smoked. i have 2 momba's to send back with the same thing, they'll turn on but won't move.

XBENOOB

Yah I figured it was trashed... So I ordered a couple of new HobbyWings... The one that came in my Dallas was the old HobbyWing style... I have one of the newer ones in my XB-E and it is a little larger than the old one, but the wires for the motor are not soldered on the ESC, so you won't burn up the ESC when you put on the motor connectors...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts