• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Things to swap out pretty much from day one?

almighty15

Bought me a roller TT and as well as changing the servo's what else should I be looking to change or upgrade pretty much right away?

I know the plastic gear carrier needs to be moved to aluminium but is there any other week parts?

I've read that drive shafts are an issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

gear plate and gears (if they are plastic). great start with those

diff cup sleeves! never have had any center break but the diff and wheels need it!

bearings at the wheel outdrives might benefit from a fresh set. as well the bearings in diff. esp. the rear input drive.

Not sure the TT/MT parts are exactly same NOW , there are PINS in the drive line that are different so maybe TT/MT knowledge crew will help with those details.

Ice_2k

phreerider said:
diff cup sleeves! never have had any center break but the diff and wheels need it!
Not sure about the TT but the new version of the DR (the 32cc version with the new body, not the flames version) comes with reinforced diff cups for wheels and diffs. Maybe the entire Rampage range received this update? The new cups are brown, not black (the cups on the center remained black so they probably only reinforced the diff and wheels ones).

rcgasser

The diff cup sleeves are way better even if the cups has been reinforced or not. How do you know they have been reinforced or not because they are brown?

Ice_2k

There was a discussion some time ago with RampageHopUps when I first discovered the new models had these different cups and this was the conclusion, since there were multiple improvements from the previous models, not the cups. I can't remember now if Rob actually talked to the Redcat guys to confirm or not.

Ice_2k

Found it!

Rob said "Yes, the copper colored are the new process for hardening."

Ildy666

That's more for inner pin strength.we are talking about outer reinforcing so they don't split.its cheap,easy, and gives the driveline strength which equals more.fun time using not breaking....

RampageHopUps

Yes, the diff cups have been changed with a new hardening process. I am working on one more change to the diff cups to strengthen them.

rcgasser

Ildy666 said:
That's more for inner pin strength.we are talking about outer reinforcing so they don't split.its cheap,easy, and gives the driveline strength which equals more.fun time using not breaking....
+1 its a must do reinforcing or not makes a major difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.