• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The XT - XB - XB-E Improvement Thread

LightForce

Steel gears working just fine i greased them daily no wear tear so far 10 tanks thru it.

i have also installed boots with grease on all dogbones and shafts 10 total so far no damage.

lumber38

When I first got the truck checked the gearing and then applied a layer of lubriplate grease on them. No problems with excessive gear noise.

lumber38

No problems with the servos so far.... just loose hardware. I ve made no needle adjustments as of three tanks of fuel.

LightForce

lumber38 said:
When I first got the truck checked the gearing and then applied a layer of lubriplate grease on them. No problems with excessive gear noise.
Same here lubriplate heavy gear grease in spray. Also I drilled 2 small holes in gear cover to fit aerosol straw no need to take cover off every 2 tanks.

TheNewbe

Contributor
Only problems I have are the exhaust melting body on my xt.

Ol' fart

yup

RedcatRacing said:
Thanks for the updates everyone.
Has anyone had any issues with their steel gears?

I have yet to hear anything so I am just wondering.

Darin
Lost a pinion gear on an XB-E This is with an upgraded motor, 1717 castle.

The gear would be stronger if it wasn't counterbored, the rest of the drive train is holding up well.

racetruck

They need to change the body mounting holes in the body so the body is behind the front bumper they're off by an 1 1/8 of an inch .we redrilled the holes it should look like this pic with the mounting holes redcat put in there the body is on top of the front bumper it don't fit around the bumper

P3080298.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sactownbwoy

racetruck said:
They need to change the body mounting holes in the body so the body is behind the front bumper they're off by an 1 1/8 of an inch .we redrilled the holes it should look like this pic with the mounting holes redcat put in there the body is on top of the front bumper it don't fit around the bumper
P3080298.jpg
You must have got one with bad holes drilled. Mine lines up so the body is behind the bumper.

bbuzzard

Contributor
My observations so far...

I have done the fuel line mod on the steering linkage and it worked great at first but I think it is binding my steering servo now. That should be fixed in the next version... :rolleyes:

I also have a suggestion on the rollcage...make it so the access to the carb's needles is not impeded. Overall the layout is easy to work on... :)

The stock filter will eventually cut into the body(for some reason mine would rotate the tabbed part, which would cut into the window)...an offset velocity stack may fix this...

The stock pipe is crap...use a can with a pipe that directs the heat past the body cavity...or provide a heat shield for the rear portion of the body. :mad:

Obeast44

Banned
bbuzzard said:
My observations so far...
I have done the fuel line mod on the steering linkage and it worked great at first but I think it is binding my steering servo now.
Shorten the tubing a little that way it can slide left and right but still keep it from poopping up.

bbuzzard

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Shorten the tubing a little that way it can slide left and right but still keep it from poopping up.
Yeah, I was going to do that...thanks!

LightForce

Bearings on all axles should be bigger. 6 tanks thru it and rear bearings fell apart front ones are on the edge.

Atleast 24 mm OD and 7mm.

Plastic arms and carriers so far no problem.

camo

One piece layshaft should be either available or stock. I just made my own but it would be way better if one can just buy it instead of putting an hour welding it together. Here is a couple of pics of my suggestion.

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00998.jpg

/monthly_2011_03/DSC00995.jpg.fd0a0835494adf64dd7fe4156f220eda.jpg

/monthly_2011_03/DSC00998.jpg.dc3e986823950f20446ceeaaf443d8bb.jpg

DemonRC

camo said:
One piece layshaft should be either available or stock. I just made my own but it would be way better if one can just buy it instead of putting an hour welding it together.
Here is a couple of pics of my suggestion.
Dam, you should've let me know. I could've had the gear shop express mail my stock one piece I welded back to me.

Obeast44 said:
Im with DemonRC on the foams. The tires and wheels are great, the foams leave a lot to be desired.
I ran again yesterday to test some more pieces we got in and officially disintegrated my foams. Two of the wheels have all the foam bunched op on one side. I boiled the wheels off last night and put in FG foams. That should do the trick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online