• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The XT - XB - XB-E Improvement Thread

Big Bob 13

RedcatRacing said:
Thanks for the info.
I assume this is using the stock 30cc engine?

Just want to confirm so we can continue to pass the info back to the factory.

Darin
yep im style running stock hy 30cc...but with 668 carb cause the one than came with the motor was unajustable!!

camo

LOL.... carbs on this engines suck. mine wasn't even good at all out of the box!!! but notthing that a good walbro 813 can't fix :)

lumber38

My xt arrived on feb 16th. at first great and then the driver side dogbone cracked off at the wheel . then i found out the pull starter doesn't engage the flywheel. I currently have filled the 500cc tank three times. Redcat did not respond to my email. plastic is stronger than steel i guess when it comes to this truck. warranty is subjective at best, remember that so your not disappointed. I have had issues with not just this currently but also with traxxas and xtm products as well. we'll see if redcat racing stands behind their products or not?

lumber38

I've had the xt since feb 16 so just two tanks of gas so far. I use 93 octane no ethanol added and 2 stroke oil. About 25-1 ratio. The truck started in two pulls, sounds nice,idles low, and here we go. half throttle for the tank. The second tank I went full throttle driving in snow, up and down the rpm range sounded very good . So far the drivers side dogbone cracked in half and the pull starter doesn't engage the fly wheel. I'm on my third tank of fuel.

bbuzzard

Contributor
Ran my today...got almost two tanks in real quick! That tank size situation need to be addressed! I ran out of gas right when I was doing my thang! ;-0 Also, I melted the exhaust pipe which in turn started to melt one of the rear body mounts. I will have pics and video up soon. Overall, I am impressed...I was running it against a FG Baja and even though he was smoking me in the straightways, the XB ran great! I will be out tomorrow but can't wait to see the performance with the Jetpro pipe(coming on Monday)

bbuzzard

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Im honestly considering dropping down to a heavily modded 23cc, its fast enough as it is with just a stock 28.5 and no pipe.
I was saying the same thing to NoyB today...I think the 30cc is gonna be too thirsty for that little tank :p

bbuzzard

Contributor
In my haste today, I forgot to do the mod Obeast suggested and the connecting wiper bar popped out after a collision with a FG Baja...

2b67318e.jpg

I have since done the mod. It looks like that it is a part that needs to be rethought. I have some ideas but will share it once I put it to paper.

bbuzzard

Contributor
The pipe melted all the way off which I figured after running it yesterday...Sounded good though it melted the body a little...

8623fe84.jpg

32aa74a7.jpg

15a983c0.jpg

The pullstart crapped out also...

Obeast44

Banned
How do ya like the performance? I love mine, the Jetpro pipe and DemonRC Belt drive system are gonna make it almost too much :D

bbuzzard

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
How do ya like the performance? I love mine, the Jetpro pipe and DemonRC Belt drive system are gonna make it almost too much :D
Man, I was running this sucker hard today...trying to burn that aluminum foil pipe off which I did in 3 tanks, LOL! I like this 20lb beast!! DemonRC needs to PM me when he's ready, I want to be in that first queue line! The Jetpro is due tomorrow, I hope to have video of that also!

bobby1983

bbuzzard said:
In my haste today, I forgot to do the mod Obeast suggested and the connecting wiper bar popped out after a collision with a FG Baja...
2b67318e.jpg

I have since done the mod. It looks like that it is a part that needs to be rethought. I have some ideas but will share it once I put it to paper.
What about putting a hex screw in that hole and little grove on that metal peace

bbuzzard

Contributor
That was one of my ideas but I am concerned about the grub staying in place in that plastic

brian101571

I had a small problem the other day. There are two set screws that adjust the tension on the brake pads that vibrated out and locked up my brakes. I put some loctite on them and they are fine now.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Thanks for the updates everyone.

Has anyone had any issues with their steel gears?

I have yet to hear anything so I am just wondering.

Darin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.