• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The XT - XB - XB-E Improvement Thread

nitrohobbiest

To Boostcreepr: did the L copper fit snugly on those cups or did you use something to adhere them? I like that idea. I have Toobz on my Baja and they work great.

xscrick

Banned
what pipe is that,,,,

hey rcdad,, what right side exit pipe is on your xsc ??,, is that the rovan clone of a vrc,, I want a right side exit for my xsc,,,,keeping thinking about a fluid rc pipe,,,

G

Yes it is. I had to cut off the manifold and use a longer one from another pipe to clear the cage.

Whozenext

Hello,

I finished to disassemble my XT, my main issue was at the front, with the parts 07127 - Front Spindle Set and 07117 - Front Caster Block Set, impossible to remove the screws , the metal part spin around in the plastic. I will buy the 7075Rc parts to fix this problem.

Also i thought the design of the front axle that is looks like FG but it's impossible to fit a FG rim on it for only for few millimeters missing, I mean why you did the half job, all the wheels and aftermarkets wheels that you could put on it, it's very disappointed to don't have this feature. Okay, I have the adapters for HPI BAJA style wheels, but...

Here Redcat miss something very big that can push the Xseries at the level of a 1/5 scale buggy world. Hope Redcat can make a compatible front axle for that, because the stock wheels are not the most durability part of this model, so it's hard to understand why they don't make at first something compatible with the FG to avoid all this problems.

I don't run yet the truck I wait my upgrades parts first because as I read a lot of posts I will skip the part that all the sensible parts fall apart :) I will make a post with pictures and videos when I have time.

Cheers.

Whoz.

xscrick

Banned
x series steering

you can add bearings to your bellcranks by getting nutech rc steering posts,, they use a common size 6x10 bearing,, there part number is 57524 for the posts at $5.73 and bearings are number 408084 for $4.92.. bolts to mount them are common metric bolts u will have on your redcat,, they are just one size smaller than stock,, u will have to put a couple washers or spacers under them,, there bases are not as tall as redcats are,,, then get a few 6x10 shims from amain hobbies or whomever,,, stock bushings are 4mil thick ,, bearings are only 3mil thick ,,,, and u will have ball bearing bellcranks,,, seems to work well, and except for adding a couple washers under the post to raise them up,, they bolt directly on,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostCreepr

Nitro, sorry for late reply, I had to grind the lips in the inside edge from using the wheel cutter it leaves a lip so it doesn't fit, I'm sure the correct cutting tool would eliminate that. Snug fit, don't move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Blitzkrieg

I also broke a front dog bone, and CV shaft on my 2nd or 3rd tank! Seems like this is a very common problem dating back to 2011. Anyone know if this is covered under warranty? Can you replace them with stronger forged ones?

G

FLM makes some upgrade units.

DUFFY

It's time redcat started thinking about a center diff in the x series. Turn the motor straight and go from there. Do away with the gears on the side completely. Rampages need softer springs and better shock shafts aswell.

Silent_chaos

In my opinion, after owning an xb for 1.5 year the following must be done.

-Thicker chassis, the stock just bends very easily. 1 carthwheel and it will pretty much bend and become useless. I was surprised how mine was damaged that fast.

-Gear plate upgrade, the stock melts after 3-4 tanks due to heat dissipated. Damaging and destroying the gears.

-Diff housing upgrade because i changed mine 4 times untill i installed 7075rc

-the lower suspension arms are not the strongest, they were highly bent after almost 8 tanks through. You actually could see the wobbling of the car on a straight line.

-hardened CVDs and CVD joints

-better quality bearings

-better quality servos

-better tires.

The melting/bending plastic parts can be solved if they just use a good supertough plastic polymer like other companies do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

Ol said:
I don't think they should change anything......
Oh I forgot that this will affect your business... lol !!!

Nevermind redcat.. nevermind :D

Meanwhile did you see the thread created in 7075rc for future products?

rickcrashers

Run Away

I have purchased 2 redcat rampagext one has been fine, the other one lost a steering servo, redcat was prompt in replacing it under warranty, was very thankful of that. But after replacing it while at idle it suddenly went wide open throttle, ran and lucking flipped over, I ran it down turned engine off. Replace servo last week with only 2 tanks of fuel ran thru ran away again, this time damaged truck busted a lot of parts luckily no one was in front of it when it did this. My brother in law' new rampage xt did the same thing with only 1/2 gallon of fuel ran thru it. THEY NEED A REMOTE KILL SWITCH.. OR SOMETHING , I HAVE LOST AN NEW TRUCK DO TO THE RANDOM RUN AWAY. NOW I AM AFRAID TO RUN THE OTHER TRUCK. WOULD ALSO BE NICE TO HAVE 24MM HEX ON THE AXLES INSTEAD OF THE SQUARE ONE, TO BE ABLE TO USE BAJA WHEELS WITH BEADLOCK TIRES...

Please note all three of the trucks are less than 1 month old. run fine great trucks, but ran away uncontrolled is dangerous . no alone expensive to fix damages done.. I will be out over 100 in hard parts not counting busted body..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.