• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Next DR??

G-Man

Interesting.. I am liking the wheels and tires. Not a big fan of the plastic front upper support for the chassis and steering posts to the diff housing. The description also says it has locked front and rear spool. Any clue what that means? The way it sounds is both front and rear differentials are locked spools. I couldn't imagine trying to drive and steer a rig with locked diffs front and rear.

Phill

Interesting.. I am liking the wheels and tires. Not a big fan of the plastic front upper support for the chassis and steering posts to the diff housing. The description also says it has locked front and rear spool. Any clue what that means? The way it sounds is both front and rear differentials are locked spools. I couldn't imagine trying to drive and steer a rig with locked diffs front and rear.

AFAIK HSP are a manufacturing company that makes cars to order for Redcat , Exceed stc.
My DR is actually a HSP Bajer that came with alloy shock towers , an HPI filter and a few other bits and pieces that are upgrades on the Redcat.
I think the "locked spool" refers to the centre diff that we don't really have.
The bit I can't believe is that they're still using 2 different diameter tyres on a 4WD the same as they always have on Bajers , DRs and exceeds.

G-Man

Oh wow I didn't notice the different tire diameter still. Is the top plate on your Bajer plastic like this one is?

Phill

Oh wow I didn't notice the different tire diameter still. Is the top plate on your Bajer plastic like this one is?

No it's alloy.
The best thing about the tyres is that the Rovan hexes are only about $3 each and fit straight on.
No need for costly conversion kits.

Phill

Jonny5

Wonder if parts are interchangeable. Dunerunner upgrades seem to be fadeing away.

Jonny5

Cool. Will have to keep that in mind. maybe upgrade drive line. Someone said they have a 1 piece. I really dislike that off set going to the front diff

Phill

Cool. Will have to keep that in mind. maybe upgrade drive line. Someone said they have a 1 piece. I really dislike that off set going to the front diff

Me too
A 1 piece with a centre bearing would be great

G-Man

A straight driveline would be sweet huh. That angle is pretty bad. I think there is power loss there in my opinion. I upgraded the servo and mount. I had to slightly notch the servo mount for the center dogbone to clear it. Although it still nips it on heavy throttle, see a small mark on the shaft. But as far as the current DR there are plenty of things available to upgrade it. I recently installed the aluminum diff housings and belt drive like @Phill uses. The rig seems pretty solid now minus the center shaft deal you guys were talking about. DGI makes steering links for the MT that are aluminum with steel pivot balls and rod ends that would work on the DR. My major issue is the steering servo saver rack. Too much slop or play whatever you'd like to call it for my liking. 7075rc makes a rack for the X-Series that is also single servo steering. I do not have a XT to compare the width between the two posts etc to see if it is the same as the DR and MT. By looking at pictures it may work. That would be an expensive trial and error there which has led me to using stock Redcat at this time. Maybe some of you guys have an opinion on trying that rack in the DR?

Jonny5

I modified mine so it is straight a long time ago. Would like to say it made a difference but
I did several drive line mods at once. Turned center bearing carrier and shimmed square heads for gears. Aluminum foil and locktite. Gears bound and had tight spots. Rolls much smoother.

Attachments

• 20180306_204703.jpg
    20180306_204703.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 14

G-Man

I modified mine so it is straight a long time ago. Would like to say it made a difference but
I did several drive line mods at once. Turned center bearing carrier and shimmed square heads for gears. Aluminum foil and locktite. Gears bound and had tight spots. Rolls much smoother.
I may try to center mine too. Here is what I was talking about 20170429_203618.jpg

Phill

Did you have to change dog bones?
If so what did you use?
Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.