• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Choke knob on the Chimera fell off......

Chimera

so, i was running pretty well today.....tuning the chimera a bit....when i was done tuning, it was sounding really good, but then it all of a sudden stopped out of nowhere.....i went to inspect, and noticed that the chock knob had fallen off.....after some searching in the street, i found it. it wouldn't go back into the chock rod, so i put some glue on it and set it in. it's been drying right now.

has anyone had the same problem with the Chimera before?

Phill

Nothing worse than losing your knob!

Seriously though I'd reckon a rock or something has hit it and moved the lever to on.

Just the knob falling off wouldn't make it stop.

feelathome77

I lost my knob too

Same story here, having fun with my MTv3, a few flips after a sharp turn. then it's time to pack it in I noticed that the Choke Lever is missing. Search the whole area, did not locate it. So I've been using the pliers for a while until I bought one. I inquire/report about this experienced to RedCatRacing, they said they never experienced . . . ever. Yeah right!!After talking to OBR Sean, he recommended switching to 998 Carb since it does not have a Choke. I plan to do that if and when my stock Choke needs replacement. :)

topblissgt

rcgasser said:
No it just slides on and there is a catch on the inside to catch on the choke lever. Loctite is not good for plastic.
yes that why I asked if it was screwed on.

apocalypse123

Its not a big deal. I lost my choke lever on my dunerunner. I just use my hands to turn the choke on and off. I refuse to buy another lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts