• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

The Carnage from my son :(

Sinist3r

I have access to a bunch of tools and machinery at work. I'm thinking about using our soft vise at work. This way, I can get away with only having to buy the R/F lower control arm and a set of shocks.

I removed the nut from the front wheel, and can't get this sucker off. I don't want to break the hub, or the wheel anymore than its already broke. Am I missing something here, because it won't come off. Is it just being stubborn, or am I missing something? I don't want to break anymore stuff on the truck...lol!

G

Hang onto the wheel and give the axle a few good taps. It'll pop right off.

Silent_chaos

Another option is to get your truck to your local hobby shop. Ask them what needs to be replaced So u can order them.

If u don't have time in your hands a lot of hobby shops offer free repairs so that they gain new customers. Some ask money tho.

Sometimes i have to finish work late and have barely enough time in the weekend. So id get them couple of sandwiches for lunch :D :D

My country doesn't have redcat dealers. They drive HPI and FG. Im the only person who has rampage XB from the current 4.2million lebanese population.

All platforms are almost the same. If you can fix one, you can fix all. Same concept

BertR

True about the fix one u can fix em all but if you unload your issues on a local hobby shop then you won't have a clue what you're doing with your truck and how to fix random issues as they pop up . you won't always have your hobby shop in your pocket when you're out in the toolies running the rampage. Time spent working on the kit is time well spent in my book.

Sinist3r

Nah, I work on all of my own stuff. I've been wrenching for 20 yrs now. Part of the fun is taking them all apart. I was just asking about the wheel because I don't want to bust anything trying to get it apart. If I were to pay someone else to do it, why get back into the hobby at all? Not a slam on anyone who has hobby shops fix there R/C's. I work on trucks and test them at work, if I can work on a diesel, I can work on this. I just didn't want to break anything. Working on the Rampage will be a trip down memory road. I've owned Tamaiya's, Kyoshos, Associated, and my favorite up until RedCat was Losi.

BertR

I hear what you're saying about not doing more harm than good! Trust me We all have been there lol. I think its vital that the owner of the vehicle does the wrenching so they learn it inside and out.

RampageShop

Not sure if the guy you got your XT from gave you the manual or not. If not, here's a link:

http://www.rampageshop.com/uploads/4/1/3/1/4131046/94070-rampagextmanual_2.pdf

If you know the part number you are looking for, you can enter it into the search box on RampageShop and it should come up.

Here's that front suspension piece if you are still looking for it:

http://www.rampageshop.com/store/p531/07132_%C2%A0_Front%C2%A0Outer_Hinge_Pin_Brace.html

Oh...and this might help a little next time : )

http://www.rampageshop.com/store/p522/07061%C2%A0%C2%A0_Front_Bumper.html

Sinist3r

A few weeks...I wish that would have been the case here. Well I'm back on the forums again, so very soon I'm getting this beast back on the road again.

Sinist3r

Yeah. A lot of personal crap going on. Things in the shitter with the company I work for, so been trying to find side jobs for extra money since overtime was cut. Etc...

Sinist3r

YaY! Just submitted my order to Rob to fix the beast. Can't wait to drive her again! And this time, my son just wants to watch, because he doesn't want to wreck it again. He's getting his own truck for Christmas. We've landed on the Redcat Volcano XP Pro, gonna keep it on the stock battery until he is seasoned enough for the Lipo ;)

Sinist3r

Thanks. I've let him run the rampage, but with me in reach of the remote. He gets his Volcano Epx pro on Christmas, so he will hone his skills on that. No lipo yet, not until spring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts