• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Thanks to RedcatRampageForum

BRDJ

I would like to thank people here for showing/teaching me how to do the upgrades.

---still trying to learn how to attach photos

Last edited by a moderator:

BRDJ

sleeves, tempered cups/shafts and axle boots

BRDJ

lexan window

Now, to start it the first time and break in the engine.

Can't wait to install the pipes, carb, velocity stacks, 8kclutch after the break in. Actually,,,I can't wait for spring or for this winter to mellow down a little :p

Again, Thanks RCDAD, DDM and all the people in this forum who helped so much. Kudos to you all...

BRDJ

Thanks RCDAD, RCGASSER and CLAUDE BIGELOW. :)

As for the recommendations/suggestions of all the good peeps here;

I also changed diff fluid, greased all bearings, placed loctite on all metal to metal, installed metal servo arm, changed some screws using rcscrewz.

I accidentally stripped the set screw of one of the wheel adapters and of course... WHOOOA! you gave me the answers how to take it off.

Hopefully it starts when I decide to start it up and the kill switch doesn't give me issues. But then again... no worries 'cause I know the good fellows here will give me nice support/answers.

Ildy666

Looks.awesome you did a great job with the upgrades...i noticed ur air filter cover is that a rovan if it is it wont breathe i had rovan covers they look like outerwears but the material wont let air in.it will choke ur motor once i removed it it ran fine. just my 2 cents....

BRDJ

Ildy666 said:
Looks.awesome you did a great job with the upgrades...i noticed ur air filter cover is that a rovan if it is it wont breathe i had rovan covers they look like outerwears but the material wont let air in.it will choke ur motor once i removed it it ran fine. just my 2 cents....
Yes it is ILDY666. Thanks for the heads-up. i guess i have to change it to outwears. :) ...another suggestion that can/will make my life easier.. hehe

Phill

BRDJ said:
Yes it is ILDY666. Thanks for the heads-up. i guess i have to change it to outwears. :) ...another suggestion that can/will make my life easier.. hehe
I use King Motor covers

Effective and 1/3 the price of outerwears

claude bigelow

BRDJ said:
Thanks RCDAD, RCGASSER and CLAUDE BIGELOW. :) As for the recommendations/suggestions of all the good peeps here;

I also changed diff fluid, greased all bearings, placed loctite on all metal to metal, installed metal servo arm, changed some screws using rcscrewz.

I accidentally stripped the set screw of one of the wheel adapters and of course... WHOOOA! you gave me the answers how to take it off.

Hopefully it starts when I decide to start it up and the kill switch doesn't give me issues. But then again... no worries 'cause I know the good fellows here will give me nice support/answers.
No problem but I only repeated what I just learned, or read. I'm still learning my self, good luck with everything.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
Are you talking about the boots? If so they are aftermarket products.http://www.davesmotors.com/Search-Page/?search=Axle%20boots
yea the boots. what's their function? are they only dirt protectors?

also, are there any aftermarket products that prevent the CVD axles from slipping from their cups? because I always have this phobia that the axle (from the side entering the diff box) might slip from the cup.

This usually happens when the distance between the cup of the wheel and the diff cup expands (due to jumps and such)

so just wondering if a blocking device/rod exists

G

The boots allow you to pack the cup with grease. They stay on pretty well with a small zip tie.

The axles don't have enough play to fall out of the cups. You can set the droop screw on the lower suspension arm to limit the amount of downward travel.

Silent_chaos

RCDAD said:
The boots allow you to pack the cup with grease. They stay on pretty well with a small zip tie.The axles don't have enough play to fall out of the cups. You can set the droop screw on the lower suspension arm to limit the amount of downward travel.
thanks. noted!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts