• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Test turns to Bash

BertR

My objective was to test a stock home ported motor to get an idea of what I came up with. So I took the tallest XB gear ratio, Tallest tire/T-paddle, 6k spring and a top end pipe/end bleed to get a feel of what or if any power on the bottom end. The site was filled with 4x4 ruts that hinder speed and performance and the fact that paddles are torque hogs. So thanks to the hill billies boozing it up last night and leaving trenches.The videos I had posted in the past are sad to say the lest...not knowing from the first pull on the rope that the piston was grinding out the cylinder wall .. I always wondered why my pig looked slower than the others..With a lot of trial and error and a few $$ I think I have something to build on:D Enjoy!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGyI7FWHq1s

BertR

Yeah I broke a front cvd last night so it was El'2wd for this ... Kind of a costly weekend in the parts DEPT lol. It was so worth it! good thing the body was trashed from running under a car or I would be out one of those too. I was there to run the snot out of it and to see if it would get hot and fall off.. If it wasn't for the left shock rod snapping I would have rocked on!

BertR

Thanks.. I think the sand has a ways to go before it smooths out. Its wet about 2 inches down and holds tire ruts for weeks.Once its dry it gets smooth and too soft for pickup to drive on without hitting the axles So that works out good for me lol.I had expected more damage from the hard hit it took on the start of the vid...kinda wonder if that was what broke the front shock.

Ildy666

Cool video & killer bash spot.u did a good job with the porting i got a couple of 30.5 2 bolts laying around that i want to port.did u have a formula or just winged it?

BertR

Ildy666 said:
Cool video & killer bash spot.u did a good job with the porting i got a couple of 30.5 2 bolts laying around that i want to port.did u have a formula or just winged it?
I try to document everything I do but the problem is that I don't have the precision equipment to do a perfect job. There is a fine line between to much material and not enough so it's like hitting the lottery for me lol. I have never had a pro ported head from the big guy's so I don't know how it stacks up but I will say it's a huge improvement from stock form.

BertR

Thanks man! I did a few more mods to the motor and just finished with installation of a new clutch,lower sus arms and a shock rebuild. I'm lookin to fire it up in a few to see how she does with a new clutch and not bare metal lol. She ran good for having no pad left on the shoes hahaha

Cloach1

Damn, that screams like a raped ape! How is it since you did more work on it? Cool how you taco d the shock.

BertR

It is a pist off machine lol. Its basically a full mod with a lightened flywheel..I sheered off teeth on 2 of my gears the last run . She's a screaming unit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts