• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

terremoto

G

Not the 5th scales.

I believe they share some parts with the Shredder.

G

Strange. This has been a very durable platform.

I'd contact Redcat.

RampageShop

Unfortunately I don't ship outside of the USA or Canada but check out https://bongous.com/

You can set up a US shipping address there and they will forward your order to you in Norway

moijk

RampageShop said:
Unfortunately I don't ship outside of the USA or Canada but check out https://bongous.com/You can set up a US shipping address there and they will forward your order to you in Norway
Thank you, but I rather deal directly with the shop I choose to use than the financial overhead of a redirect. I use those only when I want something that I can't find where they ship. The problem now is to find a shop that gives a crap about red cat. Enough shops that sells (if you beg to buy them, they really want you to buy something else).

But if you don't want my money I'm fine with that.

Silent_chaos

RampageShop said:
Unfortunately I don't ship outside of the USA or Canada but check out https://bongous.com/You can set up a US shipping address there and they will forward your order to you in Norway
Just a question out of curiosity.

Why not ship internationally? It's not a headache.. All you need to do is contact fedex/ups or any other shipping company and let them automatically quote for the customer on the checkout.

Ddm does it, largescalerc does it, and they have customers all the way to azerbedjian, india and mideast (including me).

This id a good way to expand business. Specially with all the new models coming out right now

So why not?

RampageHopUps

For us little guys that have regular jobs, it is a hassle. It usually takes me at least an hour out of my day to fill out he paperwork and wait in line at the store.

G

Our problem has been the shipping. It costs more than the product most of the time. It is also too big a risk to guarantee the delivery.

moijk

.. well, people from abroad doesn't (want to) order at your store because they find the idea of "shipping cost as much as product" to be negative. They order because despite shipping cost more as product, it is still cheaper than locally.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
Our problem has been the shipping. It costs more than the product most of the time. It is also too big a risk to guarantee the delivery.
A very large risk on the international sales!!!! very high credit card fraud.

Silent_chaos

Fedex ships from DDM to Lebanon (that's more than 7000 miles) at 180$ the whole car. Thats 15kg of big ass box. That's a really good price.for smthg that heavy.

You don't have to be worried for the delivery since the customer is paying for the delivery fees. It's his money. 200$ is really cheap. Plus it would cost a lot less than getting the car locally(if there is one, at most cases there isn't) since there's also the profit of the dealership

Moreover, all shipping companies have an insurance on the declared amount of the item. If the item costs lets say 1200$, the 200$ shipping fee that you are paying includes full insurance and door to door delivery.

If by any chance the item is lost, the customer gets a full refund FROM the shipping company.

Concerning the fraud, most sellers send you an email asking for a scanned copy of the credit card (you can hide the mid 8 digits) and a scanned copy of your passport /ID to verify legitimacy.

We have a women's shoe store in lebanon and most international orders are done on the spot with a minimal effort.

All you have to do is sign couple of papers and give fedex guy the correct item to be shipped. Voila

Since it is international, we double check quality and make sure everything is set and non broken/damaged before giving it to the guy.

Cutomer address is sent to shipping company automatically once customer checks out.

All the customer requires is the tracking number which is sent to customer's email by the shipping company as well.. which is almost sent later in the day

I duno about any other complications but this is the case in every store.

Its really... that easy

Last edited by a moderator:

Ilove2bashRC

Rob do you have a flat rate shipping for parts to canada? I noticed your prices on terremoto parts are much cheaper than I've been paying. If the shipping is reasonable I'll start getting my parts from you :) thanks.

Ol' fart

RampageHopUps said:
For us little guys that have regular jobs, it is a hassle. It usually takes me at least an hour out of my day to fill out he paperwork and wait in line at the store.
That is the problem I have with international shipping too, It's just a pain. The mark-up is not high enough to cover the time involved so you end up loosing money unless it's a really big order, which is rare.

Phill

rcgasser said:
A very large risk on the international sales!!!! very high credit card fraud.
I got ripped the first time I used my card online but my bank covered it.

Now I have a savings account linked to Paypal and only put the amount that I'm spending into it.

Much safer.

Phill

moijk said:
.. well, people from abroad doesn't (want to) order at your store because they find the idea of "shipping cost as much as product" to be negative. They order because despite shipping cost more as product, it is still cheaper than locally.
At times I've found product plus shipping is still cheaper than I can buy here.

I've just bought metal geared servos for my Thunder Tiger at $20ea + $10 posting from the US.

Same thing here at the LHS is $60 each

The worst part is the 2 week plus wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online