• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

tempered cups held up so far

mooman007uk

Banned
Just had a 20min test run of hard running in the back yard, going all out to kill it and nothing, didn't bust didley. I have a big smile right now.

I got 50000 in both diffs which is real nice for drifting and power slides, prefer the ddm 7500 clutch spring i threw in over the 8000 hpi....smoother take off. Hit my jump landing at all angles and no breakage, slammed the brakes on so it nearly flips still nothing so far the cups are holding up...I didn't whack anything to stop the wheel quick though.

I shall continue the attempted murder tomorrow and let you know.

mooman007uk

Banned
test run #2 so far so good....I'm really giving my MT some thrashing and the tempered cups are holding up...I'm trying to moo-e- kari but don't seem to be able to, well I did have a hard hit into a 2x2 concrete slab and split a front diff case, popped the arm pin out but didn't break the boiled arm outta the upgrade kit! should be able to bodge it til I get some parts from gas jockey, I'll be trying again tomorrow to kill the rear diff shafts.

Verdict so far is:D by now I would have broken one.

missus will vid tomorrow so you can see the abuse they're taking

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
here's the diff case ouchie and also bent the top turnbuckle but the phatdad bajampage shaft is untouched...man I love this truck.. this thingis now taking more abuse than a crack whore:eek:

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
only ran it once so far but despite a couple of good roll overs hardly a scratch...it's real bendy in a good way so i expect it to last well....my exhaust stinger extension came off so hot gasses were exiting straight onto the fender and no warping or burning either....

waiting on a new diff case then will resume the testing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.