• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Team FastEddy wheel shims

PrjctStrtFrce

Has anyone used these?

I was wondering if they would fit and fix this problem?

I could not find the ID and OD anywhere for those shims...just the thickness of them. So I am not sure if those would be compatible with our trucks?...Rampage MT

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:

PrjctStrtFrce

Damn, seriously? Nobody has any input? I would assume that there loads of people on here that do not like "slop" in anything suspension related...

Ol' fart

Shims are needed for most HPI adapters and this Fast Eddie kit is a good deal.

You can get shims from McMaster Carr too, any size. My adapters screw on using the thread on the axle, X cars have threads MT/chimera don't. Just thread it on until it stops at the bearing and unscrew it until there is a flat for the set screw. This is always less then a quarter of a turn. This could STILL leave a gap of up to .015 and a shim would be usefull too.

claude bigelow

I got my adapters from RCDad, I've tried to make them as tight as possible. I guess I'll give the fast Eddie shims a try.

PrjctStrtFrce

Forgot to chime back in, but the shims fit great! Each axle needed a different combination of shims, but I got it to where I wanted it.

phreerider

kinda late to this party, but back on,

and yes i have used shims on rear since i got the adapters some time ago and posted about it but have failed to find the original post , seems like last fall. anyway the issue was adapter thread timing v. the set screws lining up with flat spots on the shaft. i added a hardened circlip around .6 mm with 10mm ID. and has lasted thru countless bearing swaps over the past year.

heres a current shot

definitely zeros the slop once the shaft and races are solid, on the front did not have same issue the timing on the adapters threads and set screws are perfectly aligned

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.