• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Team Fast Eddy Bearings

ryuken168

What are the ABEC rating for the Team Fast Eddy Plate Bearing Kit and also the full set bearing kit?

The Rampage Rally already comes with ABEC 5, so what are the rating for the Fast Eddy ones. Just a goggle and they stated ABEC 1 and up.

So I'm speading money to down grade and go slower???

kryptonite

im not really sure. what does the rating consist of? the quality? seal type? and how did you find out the rating for stock bearings? i have TFE bearings in my MT and they are perfect and need little maintonace. the stock bearing lock-up, dust caps fly off and they hate water. i just replaced half the bearings in my tt with the ones that came from my MT

RampageHopUps

Most of the hobby grade bearings are stating ABEX 5 now. I wouldn;t belive any of them myself. If I wanted a true race car, I would source them from your local bearing house.

ryuken168

ABEC rating

So true, I do question if the oem ones are truly rated ABEC 5. The 50045 bearings are the same as the 608 size bearing in skateboards and inline skates. It looks like I have 10 of those bearing in the rally. I have some old Abec 3 from my rollerblades and they spin smoother and longer then the stock ones, the TFE ones don't spin well.

Just a little FYI, the ABEC (Annular Bearing Engineering Council) rating starts from the lowest which is 1 and go up by odd numbers, in which 9 is the highest rated for tolerances with less drag.

I'm trying to reduce all the drag I can about upgrading to full ABEC 9 to see how fast I can get the Rampage.

I just order a bunch of bearings from Boca Bearings, just one level under Ceramics.

Check out this video, that made a believer out of me.

ryuken168

TFE bearings for sale

I think the TFE bearings are mainly about the seals for the MT and TT for dirt bashing and not meant for on-road set-up.

So I have a both the TFE Full Set bearing kit ( brand new) and also the TFE gear plate bearing kit ( used in 1 full tank) for sale.

They retail for $65, both set for $30 shipped in the states.

Later Ken

python

I have ceramics in our fg comp car and the diference between top speed is very minimal, accelaration is a little better but most likely do to less rotating mass than anything, yes less drag can't hurt but for the dirt a rubber sealed bearing will last you much longer, also different grease inside the bearing can also make it look like it has more drag than others that use an oil that may not hold up as well. by the way when they gave an abec rating to the stock bearings for these cars they must have forgot the decimel point and maybe a few zeros .0005

basicly no matter what bearings you put in it will most likely be an upgrade, don't get me wrong i love these cars but there are a few parts that should be looked at and i'm sure if the price went up 10-20 dollars a car 3-4 small things could be fixed from the factory and make the consumer much happier, if anyone says it would cost more than that, they are F O S

just one mans opinion.

Sucram

I looked into ceramic bearings a while ago, not even that sure it will make much of a difference on the engine when you look at the cost.

But if money were no object, engine, gear and wheel bearings in ceramic would be cool especially if you did some back to back testing with a tach and gps speeds.

I think I seen someone advertise zero drag seals give .25 hp and 500 rpm- thats just a seal! Granted they are no good for dirt/dust but the allanache teflon ones are supposed to be OK (from the man himself)

So how many bearings does the car have?

gear carrier 5

Engine 2

Rear diff 3

Front diff 3

Center diff 3

Wheel hub 2 (x4 wheels) 8

So we have 24 bearings all up, even if it reduced drag enough to gain 0.1hp each thats 2.4 hp which doesn't seem realistic... Granted its drag to the wheels.. Even if we go 0.05 hp reduction from each bearing its still 1.2hp.

Im skeptical, motorcycle racers all over the world use ceramic wheel bearings (amongst others) and everyone swears by them, but the way I see it, any gains are negated by pad drag

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.