• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Switching jobs to machinist?!?

Ffdfiretruck

So I have been a firefighter for the past 5 years, I am considering becoming a machinist. I have enjoyed being a firefighter, but between the drama, schedule, and family it would be nice to go back to a normal job. I worked in a sheet metal shop a while back and really liked it, and am highly mechanically inclined. I was wondering if anyone on here was a machinist? And what they thought about the career? Any advice on getting started? Thanks guys!

foxys

As a former FF, I hear you brother. I'm not a machinist, but I can say there is life after the department.

Ffdfiretruck

What you doing now? A few guys have left here one by choice, one was let go but both are happier with there new career paths

foxys

I own a couple of business' now. At this point I'm semi-retired, and starting to enjoy life. :)

There's days I miss the FD, but I got to that point when I kept thinking about the family too much during calls, time to hang up the hat when that happens. Stay active, my gut reminds me I'm not a toolman anymore. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts