Suspension Arm Holder Modification

Chaser

Thanks for the heads up on the work around

alfred e numan

what could help also is rough up the mating surfaces- diff- chassis with 60 grit, go to wal-mart buy a can of crc electronic cleaner- clean these areas then apply a small bead of rtv - then snug the bolts-screws up. when you go to remove the diff, you will have to get a flatblade to break the seal loose- oh- if you buy rtv thats emmsion sensor safe- there is very little smell- if work in the house- the little woman will be happy.

98cruiser

RampageHopUps said:
OK, after beating the crap out of my Buggy on a 1/8 scale track, with a very poor driver......... You can gain some massive strength in the suspension, especially in the diff area.

Its a very easy mod to do. The plastic suspension arm holder has plastic nubs that align it with the chassis holes. Drill through the existing chassis hole, into the nubs, all the way through. Then countersink the existing holes in the chassis to accept a flat head screw. Just use a M5 screw, and a locknut.

This mod will help the 4 bottom diff screws to stay in place, and give you much needed strength around the a-arms. I am going to do all 4 of my supsension arms, its that easy.

The aluminum suspension arm holders are now available from Redcat, and I believe this should be done on those as well to gain strength.

Front End Suspension Arm Holders

Rear End Suspension Arm Holders
Rampage sounds good, but i bought this aluminum part from Nitro shop over 2 yrs ago, this part is a flaw!!! I had to epoxy the two white holes to stop the suspension rod pins from sliding out!!!!! what is the fix for these holes?? I asked the guy from the nitro shop and he never had an answer for me, this was 2yrs ago, not sure if there is some sort of fix instead of buying the factory plastic that brakes?????????

http://www.thenitrorcshop.com/shop/054007-54007-susp-arm-short-holder-fral/

RampageHopUps

Yeah, I don;t know who decided a thru hole was going to work, but thats a fail. My aluminum version didn;t sell as well as I needed, so I discontinued them. Maybe I will re-think about making some more.

98cruiser

RampageHopUps said:
Yeah, I don;t know who decided a thru hole was going to work, but thats a fail. My aluminum version didn;t sell as well as I needed, so I discontinued them. Maybe I will re-think about making some more.
All you need to do is cover up the holes Rampage!!!! The Nitro shop I noticed is still selling these parts after 2 1/2 years, they really need to stop selling them in place of the plastice part, the car is unfunctional with this part, the whole purpose is to fix the current problem not create a new problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or offer a fix with that part!!!!!!!!! here is the clip of what happens with that part!! this was 2 1/2 yrs agao

[ame]

[/ame]

rampagemt

Re: Suspension Arm Holder Modification

RampageHopUps said:
If you start making these again I will be buying a few sets of fronts and rears would be awsome if you made them again. Thanks rob

RampageHopUps

No idea. I think I am going to get rid of the Delrin bushings and just go with the 6061 aluminum.

Members online

Latest posts