Suspension Arm Holder Modification

RampageHopUps

OK, after beating the crap out of my Buggy on a 1/8 scale track, with a very poor driver......... You can gain some massive strength in the suspension, especially in the diff area.

SusArm%20HolderMod1.JPG

Its a very easy mod to do. The plastic suspension arm holder has plastic nubs that align it with the chassis holes. Drill through the existing chassis hole, into the nubs, all the way through. Then countersink the existing holes in the chassis to accept a flat head screw. Just use a M5 screw, and a locknut.

This mod will help the 4 bottom diff screws to stay in place, and give you much needed strength around the a-arms. I am going to do all 4 of my supsension arms, its that easy.

The aluminum suspension arm holders are now available from Redcat, and I believe this should be done on those as well to gain strength.

Rear Suspension Arm Holder with Hinge Pin (050016)

Rear Suspension Arm Holder with Hinge Pin (050017)

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Here is the alloy part that has several changes for the better. Made from 6061-T6 aluminum, has the M5 tapped holes already, and Delrin bushings for the a-arm pins.

SusArmKit.JPG

They will be available next week on RampageHopUps.

kun114

I did this mod this morning. I even countersunk all eight holes on the bottom of the frame. Now I'm all set for the aluminum ones when there available.

RampageHopUps

Haydrick said:
Rob, Do you know when DDM or some other international seller will be stocking the hopups as per RampageHopUps?
Have Powerslide or Radical Hobbies place an order with me. I'll call DDM and see if they want any.

Cadimman

RampageHopUps said:
Here is the alloy part that has several changes for the better. Made from 6061-T6 aluminum, has the M5 tapped holes already, and Delrin bushings for the a-arm pins.
SusArmKit.JPG

They will be available next week on RampageHopUps.
I want these :D

Can I get them? do I use four the same?

RampageHopUps

I stopped making htem when Redcat came out with thier aluminum version. I'll have to look if I have any sets left. I'm sure I do, not sure how long it will take to find them though.

DemonRC

RampageHopUps said:
I stopped making htem when Redcat came out with thier aluminum version. I'll have to look if I have any sets left. I'm sure I do, not sure how long it will take to find them though.
Dam. No kidding. I had the front set since that was the problem area and never got a rear because you stopped making them. I guess I should've asked lol. They were top notch.

firefighter9780

i would like a set for the front and rear if you have them never seen them before i have screws in my plastic ones

Members online

Latest posts