• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

suck back on exhaust and couplers?

phreerider

with the back pressure on tuned pipes and "exhaust eating" for reburn, i was concerned about coupler material i.e., silicone/heater hose being pulled back into combustion chamber. seems trivial but wanted general consensus on the topic. silicone is 10x the cost and is nice, but automotive heater hose seems low buck effective. for field repair heater hose is an easy choice. the eaten parts of whatever material that is used for the most part goes OUT but some is being eaten as well. any thoughts experience on this for the long term benefits of a fresh mill coming.

G

Heater hose will break down and or melt if used close to the head. It might be ok coming off the stinger.

Michaels12

Yep it's all about service temp. Don't worry about it getting pulled into the chamber. I can't see the revision wave ever being capable of doing that.Check auto parts store. Some of the better stores stock silicone hose.

A foot of hose would last many gallons of fuel.

phreerider

the heater hose definitely dose not last like silicone. the silicone will tear and makes for leaks and does not like to be stretched too much. my header is about 3" long and 1/2" dia. but my pipe is at 1" at connection point so silicone has to be stacked/sleeved ...with the mini cage gone i have ton of options for pipes now as well.

thanks for the input

phreerider

Michaels12 said:
Yep it's all about service temp. Don't worry about it getting pulled into the chamber. I can't see the revision wave ever being capable of doing that.Check auto parts store. Some of the better stores stock silicone hose.A foot of hose would last many gallons of fuel.
my thoughts as well, just needed some group thoughts to drop the notion of particulate suck back v. acoustical resonance on tuned pipe pressures.

anyway, thanks M12!,exactly what i was looking for! finding silicone locally is my limiting factor ,$3 joint for $20 ship is not working for me. 1/2" is easy, 1" is my problem.

BertR

I use heater hose on mine.. I replace it about every 2 gallons or so. Its cheap and works good but you have to stay on top of it before it breaks down to much.

phreerider

same here bertR, the silicone might have been longer but when i ran out, right to heater hose and about 2 gal. run time, i add some AL cover and def got more time.

Michaels12

McMaster Carr has it for 13$ a foot. But shipping could be as high as sex on a Farris wheel :)

That why I have so much junk, I by stuff to justify my own silliness

phreerider

thanks for the tip, i'll get some combo order that justifies it at some point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.