• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stumped

max 1

HY ,took my tt out around the park last night twice and it sared slowing down to a till stoped and just ideling.woud not move ,like the brake was on.would not move at all.took it home and pulled the gear plate of to exspose clucth ,started it still would not rev up ,so i canged carb plug ,checked coil gap fuil line ,all the same so i puled head of ring good cyl all good.only thing i noticed was blue gasket oily .i,am useing coper .40 also.cleand every thing put it all back to gether will try it again to night. i try to figure out things my self i,am stumped at the moment so fare now to night,any other sugestoins?

max 1

Sprint 77 said:
Is the drivetrain free rolling? Brakes or bearing issue maybe not the motor at all.
i removed the gear plate to exspose clutch .so its free wheeling

max 1

Piranha2 said:
So it idles but will not rev?
yes idels just fine smooth even when u try to rev it. sounds like your power bracking it with the nothing holding it i can whacththe clucth exspand a littll,just will not rev it,s crazy like arev limiter with out the missing:

Piranha2

Contributor
Well, it's sounds like it's starving for something.....either AIR + FUEL + SPARK.....have you checked ALL of these components and their respective functions?....take the air cleaner right off....take the gas cap off.....

max 1

YES pulld air filter out difer,t carb took gas cap of new spark plug coil gap.could ring be good ength to idl butt rev under aload.seems like ring has plenty tenoin.i tell ya i could not slleep thinking whats roung.i,am a thinker .

Piranha2

Contributor
What is different from when it ran fine to now? Did you change any parts or settings? Anything strange happen like run through a puddle or some extreme heat/cold?

max 1

I ran it saturday fore 2 hours we wher runing drag racing thew the park wot fore 15minits it dide once full of grass let it cool plug coler was brown ran fine after that.till last night fore 15 minets.i thout the brake was stuck.not and now parts change.and know water.heat posible?

DemonRC

The worst thing to troubleshoot is a worn crankshaft seal. Try wiggling the flywheel and clutch side to side. If they is ANY play at all then I'd bet my first born that you got a airleak at the crank seals. Those are pretty dangerous since once they go you get all that clutch dust sucked up into the engine.

max 1

I Will Try That When Iget Home .ill Let U Now This Weekend ,i,ve Git 4day Off To Figer It Out.

hardcore

its the brake, mine did the same thing, once it cools down it will not drag, when you run it it gets hot and drags, i see this on 3 out of 4 redcats i set up, simple fix, spray wd-40 on it , it will break in,

max 1

I Fond The Problem Did,t Look Very Close Cyl Had 2 Scrathes At The Top Of Cyl,lose Of Compreson ,so I Put A Ported 30.5 Brack It In This Week,how Do They Run Any Qne.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts