• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

stumped....minor problem

ColdInCanada

I got a Rampage Xb recently broke it in but never tuned yet, I ended up flooding it and spark plug done so i went and got Ngk CMR7H, i took it home and tried to start it and was tons of compression in the pull cord, Before it was nice nd smooth, My current needle settings are 1/4 L and 1/2 H and 1 out on the idle.I was wondering if i should be looking for something broken on the pull starter or if could be compression because of a air leak?

rampage idiot

The settings you have are the general ones to get it started then you tune from there. But like Ildy said pull the plug pull the starter till all the gas is gone first

G

When the pull starter gets hard to pull, there is too much fuel in the case.

ColdInCanada

thanks for the replys guys, I got it unflooded and running but now i ran into another problem, I just put a jetpro rear mount on it and i went to start it on stand first, and it worked gave it throttle and the wheels were just a spinning and worked fine, then i went to drive it in the dirt and gravel and i started it and gave it throttle and it revved up and everything like normal BUT the wheels were not spinning and the gears seem to stick, i tried unlooseing and tighening , Does anyone have any advice what could be wrong, i changed to alluminum gear plate to and new bearrings

rcgasser

did you check the grub screws behind the gears? If they are loose the shaft will just spin without turning the gears while under load.

ColdInCanada

that might be the problem i havnt checked yet cause didnt wanna have take whole gear plate off but yes the wheels wont spin under load , now it seems when its on a stand i cant get wheels to spin even off a load, and my brother said gears were spinning but the wheels werent :S

RampageShop

If you installed the aluminum pinion carrier, try loosening the screws on the bottom of the chassis a bit. Some of the blue aluminum pinion carriers won't line up perfectly and will cause the gears to bind. If loosening the screws helps, you may want to swap back to stock part or slot the holes in the chassis slightly

ColdInCanada

I never did just the Alluminum gear plate itself, i got the gears lined up right im pretty sure wheels were spinning now but i think my tuning is off a bit because when i give it throttle it stalls and dies not right when i press it but after hits max rmps just whines down and dies

G

ColdInCanada said:
that might be the problem i havnt checked yet cause didnt wanna have take whole gear plate off but yes the wheels wont spin under load , now it seems when its on a stand i cant get wheels to spin even off a load, and my brother said gears were spinning but the wheels werent :S
Sounds more like a loose set screw.

rcgasser

ColdInCanada said:
If the gears are spinning but not the tires check the grub screws in your diff cups. While off the ground see if your dogbones are spinning also.

ColdInCanada

i took off the gears and the hex was loose that the gear went on so i tighened it and tried it on a stand and gave it throttle and wheels wheels were spinning ..still not got test it on ground waiting on kill switch , but when i gave it throttle on stand it went up in rpms and then whined right down and died

G

Have you checked your current carb settings?

Is your fuel bulb at least 1/2 full when running?

Is your fuel tank vented?

ColdInCanada

to get it started i put setting back to 1/4 L and 1/2 H, and yes i make sure bulb is over half full when starting , for the gas cap problem, everytime i would unscrew it i would hear a hissing , so i took a thick pin and took rubber pieces out of cap and made hole on cap bigger , havnt heard the hissing noise since

ColdInCanada

yeah, sorry was up at 6 in morning from postal office dropping exhuast off.yes,1 1/4 L and 1 1/2 H....

RampageShop

How are you making out with the tuning? Get it figured out yet?

Possibly an air leak. Be sure to check to see that the exhaust and carb bolts are tight

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts