• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Street tires for stock rims?

amstel78

Can anyone please recommend some good asphalt tires that would fit the stock wheels for an XB? I'd like to purchase another set of XB wheels and street tires for use on tarmac.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

BertR

I think you are out of luck with finding a tire that will fit the stock wheels . You are better off going with the MCD v4 or the hpi so you can run hostile slicks or tarmac busters

amstel78

BertR said:
I think you are out of luck with finding a tire that will fit the stock wheels . You are better off going with the MCD v4 or the hpi so you can run hostile slicks or tarmac busters
Will the MCD wheels mate to the stock hubs or is an adaptor required? I know adaptors are required to run HPI wheels.

G

The MCD V4 wheels are also 24mm hex drive, so you would use the Baja adapters.

RampageHopUps

The older MCD rims were square drive. I think they are now 24mm hex.

Your best bet are adapters and Baja tires. I make the Ramtech adapters and love them.

BertR

I run the hpi on my xsc and have read that the mcd v4 use the same size hex as the adapters .I may not be 100% correct on the mcd but the hpi you can run some of the major brand street tires

G

Yes the older versions were the square drive but they still don't fit. The Redcat axle threads are not long enough to extend through the wheels.

G

BertR said:
I run the hpi on my xsc and have read that the mcd v4 use the same size hex as the adapters .I may not be 100% correct on the mcd but the hpi you can run some of the major brand street tires
The Baja wheels will give you the greatest variety.

amstel78

Since I'm still a complete noob to 1/5 scale, can anyone then point me to HPI wheels and tires that would be approximately the same size (height and width) as the stockers?

I'm looking at the HPI racing website for ideas and it suddenly dawned on me that I have no clue as to what I should be looking for in terms of wheel and tire sizes.

Edit: I found these. I'm assuming I'd need two pairs of the 170x60mm tires, two pairs of front wheels for a Baja, and finally a set of HPI conversion hubs?

Tires:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4837/

Foam:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/4804/

Wheels:

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/104976/

Now with the wheels, it states I have to order bead locks separately??? Are there non-HPI wheels for the Baja out there that come as a complete pair?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Since I'm still a complete noob to 1/5 scale, can anyone then point me to HPI wheels and tires that would be approximately the same size (height and width) as the stockers?
For the X-series platform the 5b fronts are closest. They will be a little taller.

amstel78

So I found these on DDM. They're a mounted set of front Tarmac Busters for the Baja. They look to be beadlock wheels so I'm assuming once these tires wear out, I can just slap new rubber on without having to deal with glue?

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.124/.f

I plan on ordering 2 pairs plus a set of HPI wheel adapters. Is there anything else I'd need or would I be GTG? Can anyone recommend a good set of wheel adapters that would keep the stance/width as close to stock as possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts