• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

stock spur gear and pinion

Keith81

whats the size of the stock spur gear and pinion and can these be upgraded for more torque/speed ?

if they can be upgraded whats the usual combo ??

Thanks,

keith

Ol' fart

The spur gear is 40t and the pinion gear is 10t. You can order a stock 11t from Redback. Those are the only sizes avalible for a stock setup.

You can order my 7075 RC mount and run the stock 40t or a 44t,48t Spur Gear. 10-16t pinion gears are avalible.

Keith81

Ol said:
The spur gear is 40t and the pinion gear is 10t. You can order a stock 11t from Redback. Those are the only sizes avalible for a stock setup.You can order my 7075 RC mount and run the stock 40t or a 44t,48t Spur Gear. 10-16t pinion gears are avalible.
Thats the reason I asked, I want to order your full setup for my XBE with the front and rear carriers and bearings as well :)

Vision

I have a 15T 5mm mod 1.5 pinion, but I don't think the stock motor mount has enough space. Haven't had a chance to test it.

ImminentFailure

With electrics you kinda just have to start somewhere, and test it out. I think the gear ratios on the diffs are 3:1, so your FDR (Final Drive Ratio) stock is 12 (40/10 * 3.0).

If you gear down (make the 12 become higher) you'll get more acceleration, lower temps, less overall speed, and longer runs times. Gearing up, (make the 12 smaller) will get you more top speed, more heat, less off the line power, and less run time.

Typically the lower the KV motor, the cooler you will run if you keep the same gearing as you had prior to the swap. IT will be slower, but you can then adjust the gearing to come back to your prior performance, but you should be running cooler. Also keep in mind motor length effects torque, and the stock can size I think is pretty short.

Do you have a heat gun? If not I use this one [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YE3FS4/ref=wms_ohs_product[/ame].

150 degrees is the max I go, and I try to set it on the warmest day. This is the temp I stick with on my 4x4 cars prior to any additional heat sinks or cooling fans being used. I put those on after the baseline for electronics longevity. If you are near your max of 160 be careful of going out for a bash where the temps are higher than you last tuned at. You may want various gear ranges for seasons / months.

Kaz the Minotaur

Old Fart: According to the manual the stock spur is 40T, part number 07792. Maybe I am missing something?

ImminentFailure

ahh that makes more sense. I don't own an XB-E so I'm pretty fail overall. I want one like fat kids want cake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.