• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

stock engine build up

Jonny5

dose anyone have any good info on getting more out of the stock 30cc engine. I tried to look around online for some tips to get more out of these engines but are quite vague. I used to be big on nitro but tired of all the tuning. but their was lots of little things you could do to get some power, knife and tear drop the rod and knife the crank. is their much we can do to these engines or dose it just have to be scraped and start with a different engine all together.

Ice_2k

Carb and good pipe could make big difference. 8k clutch would also help with better launch. And a 2speed gearbox also does a lot.

Jonny5

got the red cat tuned pipe on it. I am sure another one would be better but don't feel like dumping the money on that. im almost positing im getting the 2 speed trans by demon but not to sure on what trans to get. think im gona get the 37 19 trans. stock gears are 29 31 26 24 was thinking about getting the 8k springs but also thought about shaving down weight on stock ones. shaving down stock to lighten should get more power and higher rpm grab point

Ice_2k

people around here say the redcat tuned pipe is not much good, so I still think you should start with a better pipe (like the JetPro), seems like the easier way. As for the demon tranny, I'm also going to get it (if they ever make it again, seems like it's been out of stock since forever) and I'm gonna get 2 sets of gears. The cost is low enough for the extra gears to make it worth it imho.

One more thing: if you want more low end torque and don't really care about top speed (or the other way around) you can play around with the gears a little bit to get it closer to what you want (swapping the 29 with the 31 or the 26 with the 24, depending on what you're trying to obtain). Each of these will get you around 15% improvement (and obviously 15% loss on the other side). Another advantage of this is that doing this, you can simulate what you're gonna get from the demon tranny, by looking in their table of speed ratios. Switching the 26 and the 24 will be pretty much identical in terms of launch torque to what the 1st gear of the 36/20 setup would get you, which is listed as "Very high torque comparared to stock"

Last edited by a moderator:

ika

Redcat tuned pipe is crap , get CPI or JetPro, you will see difference.

I have CPI and love it.

I made some porting on my Engine , will post result next weekend.

Phill

Ditto with the Jetpro I run

Don't waste your money on an alloy pipe as it will just melt

RampageHopUps

A good pipe will wake up the engine like its brand new. Or you can put a 30.5 head kit on it and get about the same increase. Without agood pipe, you are just chasing yoru tail.

Jonny5

I will look into a different exhaust later. I think the money will be better off put towards a 2 speed. went to order but found that they are out of stock. anyone know when they might be back in stock or is that guy on this forum

Sergio

Jonny5 said:
I will look into a different exhaust later. I think the money will be better off put towards a 2 speed. went to order but found that they are out of stock. anyone know when they might be back in stock or is that guy on this forum
Check fleabay they have clones there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts