• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock 32cc MT

Phill

Did you order the one with the "shorty" clutch housing to fit Redcat?
You'll also need a CY fan cover as the Zen bolt holes don't line up.

Jerry Payne

Just a question...with all this extra power this Zenoah 32cc will have in the upper and lower range, can the stock drivetrain on the MT handle it? That's my worry not to upgrade.
I think the extra power from a better motor is worth it .

gdl357

For $70.00 more you can get a 6300 - 7.7hp Full Mod Zenoah G320RC 31.8cc Engine from OBR..

and for $25.00 more you can get a
6309 - 7.9hp Full Mod Zenoah G340RC 34cc Engine +2mm Stroke Crankshaft from OBR...

and another $20.00 gets you a billet intake and $45.00 more gets you a 1070 or a 990 carb and another $45.00 gets you ceramic bearings and on and on

What I'm saying is it never ends...

Phill

For $70.00 more you can get a 6300 - 7.7hp Full Mod Zenoah G320RC 31.8cc Engine from OBR..

and for $25.00 more you can get a
6309 - 7.9hp Full Mod Zenoah G340RC 34cc Engine +2mm Stroke Crankshaft from OBR...

and another $20.00 gets you a billet intake and $45.00 more gets you a 1070 or a 990 carb and another $45.00 gets you ceramic bearings and on and on

What I'm saying is it never ends...

With that sort of HP you start breaking stuff BIG time.
Better with a stocker if you want reliability.

Last edited:

G-Man

Just a question...with all this extra power this Zenoah 32cc will have in the upper and lower range, can the stock drivetrain on the MT handle it? That's my worry not to upgrade.
If you want to add power to the Rampage MT. Look into getting the aluminum diff housings Redcat makes for them and switch the crown and pinion to helical. I went through so many diffs with the stock straight cut gears. Also I ditched the big heavy stock wheels. That kills low end power and breaks drive line parts. Since doing so I haven't experienced breakage. Just wear and tear breakage over time. Here is a video of the parts I used and how I shimmed the side to side or endplay (whatever you want to call it) from the inner diff cup gear carrier.

realtee30

Do or did you have any issues with differential gears popping teeth while using the G340?

G-Man

Do or did you have any issues with differential gears popping teeth while using the G340?
No. Using the helical crown and pinion. Good bearings and shimmed in those aluminum housings. They are stout. I have snapped the drive cup pins off inside the diffs since though. But it was after six months of thrashing on it. No complaints.

realtee30

Ok thanks for the info. Im in the process now of adding aluminum hop-ups and switching over to aluminum diff housings with helical gears.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts