• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock 32cc MT

Jerry Payne

When it was a stock 32cc running 25 to 1 90 octane top speed was 28 mph . I installed a DDM dominator pipe and it really woke up the truck but top speed is only 26 mph anything I can do to get more top speed ? Thank you .

Jerry Payne

Better motor those hy’s are junk
Thank you for your response but that will not happen until the stock motor craps out the wife already thinks I spent to much on the truck lol . When it does happen what is a good replacement motor?

Jerry Payne

Well i might have to buy a new engine sooner than I thought stock motor has junk pot metal not sure what caused it to break only have 1 gallon of fuel ran thru it .

Attachments

• 20200425_174613.jpg
    20200425_174613.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200425_174411.jpg
    20200425_174411.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 19

Redredcat0223

Yup I hear ya I’m in the same boat with the wife haha everytime a package comes I get that look but then I tell her I make m9neytoo and I never say anything about you buying something,then I through would you rather me be a husband that’s at the bar drinking money away. Haha. I would def go with either a zenoah G320 for $299 and sometimes ddm has a deal of the day and it’s $249 or for $399 a zenoah esp g340 both outstanding hassle free engines,I compare them to like an hy that comes with redcat is like the cheap chinese quads then a zenoah is a Japanese motor so that’s like a Honda get what I’m sayin

JR_B70

Do the zenoah's G320's get ya a little more low end compared to the stock hy's ? Even after pipes, and air filters i fell like there is still no low end :(

Jerry Payne

Yup I hear ya I’m in the same boat with the wife haha everytime a package comes I get that look but then I tell her I make m9neytoo and I never say anything about you buying something,then I through would you rather me be a husband that’s at the bar drinking money away. Haha. I would def go with either a zenoah G320 for $299 and sometimes ddm has a deal of the day and it’s $249 or for $399 a zenoah esp g340 both outstanding hassle free engines,I compare them to like an hy that comes with redcat is like the cheap chinese quads then a zenoah is a Japanese motor so that’s like a Honda get what I’m sayin
Yeah I think my wife keep a rolling total in her head lol . I am looking into getting a Zenoah G320 even if Redcat warranties the broken part .

Jerry Payne

G290 RC is on deal of the day at Daves.
I've been running one for 5 yrs+ and never had to touch it.
good reliable motor
http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-966669901-4-bolt-topend-g290-290.html
Put a decent pipe on it and you'll be very surprised.
Thank you I have been looking at the motors at Daves even if Redcat does something about the warranty claim I made I think I will get a motor from Daves .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.