• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Stock 23cc Engine upgrade

ipsagel

I have a stock 23cc fuelie engine that's been setting in my shelf for 2yrs since I replaced it with GP290. I want to utilize that engine by upgrading it. If anybody here tried or have an idea on upgrading it with a big bore kit, what could be the possible biggest kit that can fit perfectly to that engine? Any idea is much appreciated. Thank you!

ipsagel

Is that the biggest kit that can fit with that engine? Ok, thanks for that suggestion.

PISTOL PETE

30.5 is the biggest you can go in that case. would make a great mt engine because of its torque and low end. you will loose a little bit of rpm range on the top end due to the higher rotating mass. ebay has obr 30.5 kits for 150 shipped:eek:

chevy

Ipsagal I asked you what you were going for in this motor??? Speed or torque?? If your shooting for speed then go with a 27.2 ported, if your shooting for torque do a 30.5 race ported.

ipsagel

chevy said:
Ipsagal I asked you what you were going for in this motor??? Speed or torque?? If your shooting for speed then go with a 27.2 ported, if your shooting for torque do a 30.5 race ported.
I want the torque, so I'll better go for the 30.5 race ported. Thank you chevy for the idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.