• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Sticker removal

Corso

Not sure where to post this, if a mod would like to move, please feel free.

Has anyone had any luck removing the decals from their MT body? I don't really care for the look of them and would like to remove. If anyone has any tips, fire away.

Thanks.

BertR

RampageHopUps said:
Goo Gone from a hardware store. Googone.com
I agree... Goo gone is the best way.. Do not mistake it for (Good Off) that crap will burn the body

Corso

BertR said:
I agree... Goo gone is the best way.. Do not mistake it for (Good Off) that crap will burn the body
I have both, Goo Gone and Goof-Off. I peeled off one of the side stickers to start, and tried the Goo Gone.....and tried, and tried. That adhesive they use is serious stuff. The Goo Gone was hopeless. Switched to Goof-Off and a fresh rag and finally the adhesive began to loosen up. Took a few applications of Goof-Off, then Goo Gone to get the last of it. Went one sticker at a time using this process. Finished off with some foamy glass cleaner. Looks great.

Funny though, the sticker that runs across the top of the windshield, it says, 'RAMPAGE', well underneath, painted on the inside of the lexan, it says 'MONSTER BIG TRUCK.' Didn't realize that till I had already lifted a good portion of the sticker. They must have tried to translate 'monster truck' from Chinese and that's what they came up with. Made me chuckle.

Corso

'monster big truck' :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

/monthly_2016_02/image.jpg.7d1592e46d631b53767d2d010646d950.jpg

GCraig

I always peel them off with my finger nail and if any adhesive stays on the body then I use so e wd 40 on a rag to remove it.

Impalassman

I used a hair dryer to warm up the glue then peeled off the sticker and it came off clean no glue stayed on the body once heated up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online