• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering set up

C-Mac

Hi all,

It would seem that when I put my hop ups on the front end of my MT and I may have done something to the steering set up. I looked at my brothers an noticed when he steers the small blue aluminim brace does not move and the steering posts swivel but on mine it moves. Did i do something wrong? Could someone help me maybe by telling me in detail how this is supposed to be set up so I may correct this issue if it is an issue at all.

Thanks in advance for the help

Clubin

Banned
C-Mac said:
Hi all,
It would seem that when I put my hop ups on the front end of my MT and I may have done something to the steering set up. I looked at my brothers an noticed when he steers the small blue aluminim brace does not move and the steering posts swivel but on mine it moves. Did i do something wrong? Could someone help me maybe by telling me in detail how this is supposed to be set up so I may correct this issue if it is an issue at all.

Thanks in advance for the help
Check the manual it is very good, if all else fails take some pictures and we can help.

bauerco

Is the steering tight now. If you removed or undid your steering posts it's more than likely that you over tightened them on the top. The easy way to check is to remove the steering linking bars & see if the post are hard to turn, if they are back off the top screw & then check it again. Just remember to put a touch of lock tight on the screw to stop it coming loose.

Cheers

Mark

emu67

If the steering is tight, you may have gotten loctite on the bushings that are supposed to rotate on the posts. The posts are stationary; everything on the outside of the posts are supposed to easily rotate on them (through bushings)

C-Mac

thanks for the info lads!! I'll get to work on it when I get home and get back if I still have issues.

C-Mac

Ok so I have it all apart and when I put it back to gether it seems like the steering is very stiff and it one turns slightly. I can back off on the screws on top but do the stationary post need grease or oil? It seems like such a simple steering setup and that's what so frustrating.

PS.... thanks for all the input :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts