• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering servo arm bolt...

Neff

Must of vibrated loose. Everything's intact except the bolt that holds the arm to the servo. Any special bolt I need? Anyone know the size or reccomend anything to make sure it keeps intact? It was the first run out. Had some fun.... :)

Neff

reppairman540 said:
M3x10 Most All Are The Same
Thank you sir. Do i assume it has a flanged head to rest on the arm indentation also?

Silent_chaos

2 stroke motors vibrate every single screw on your truck.

A bit of red loctite on the screws will make ur life easier. Although unscrewing them may be a bit hard later on, but if you apply wd-40 or any other unscrewing fluid, with a bit of force you can unscrew it.

Either this or some people tend to use a lighter, fire makes the dry loctite to lose its characteristics. Some even use hair dryer.

In most extreme cases, If you want a screw to be eternally permanent, apply Alteco (super fast ultra strong adhesive) gg

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

RampageHopUps said:
Blue loctite, not red. You won;t be able to get the red out of there. I've never heard of using wd-40 to remove loctite.
I do it all the time :) :)

Everybody uses wd40 to remove red loctite

Neff

Chaos...

post a quick pic of the side of that steering servo so I can see which kinda bolt head is supposed to go in the arm?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts