• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steering problems

mr.33trucker

when i run it slow it turns nice n tight on a high speed turn it takes a football field to turn it around. Any ideas what the problem is ? thanks all

jaysyourhandyman

mr.33trucker said:
when i run it slow it turns nice n tight on a high speed turn it takes a football field to turn it around. Any ideas what the problem is ? thanks all
some will tell you that you need a thinner diff oil in front

but i like a lot of power in it. some call it a, dry turn

to do that a fue of us have modded a duel servo steering

but you might get what you whant with thinner dif oil .than the back

hope this helps:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
Tighten your servo saver, or change the steering servo, or better yet, install 2 steering servo's. THe single setup is a little weak. Tightening your servo saver will work though.

mooman007uk

Banned
It wont steer well with the power on as the rear end pushes the front end...my 2wd fg wont turn at all if you try opening the th too much...I drive at the corner let off the gas and steer and then hit it out the corner.

saying that my stock servo in my ramp was crap and since i dualled it like it now turns...I run 60000 in the fr diff and 120000 in rear cos i like over steer in the corners

kryptonite

Clubin said:
Tighten your servo saver, or change the steering servo, or better yet, install 2 steering servo's. THe single setup is a little weak. Tightening your servo saver will work though.
i second that. tightin the servo saver. if you want a little more power from your single servo run a splitter so you can get a full 6volts to the servo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts