• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering problems all of the sudden....

freekshow

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this. Ran my rampage xb 3-4 times and am on my second tank of gas. Everything has run well until i got it dirty. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but since i washed the buggy down, the steering only turns to the left, just makes a groaning noise when trying to steer to the right... if you try it a couple times it wont turn in either direction like a battery is dying. I charged the battery on the left side of the unit and replaced the receiver batteries but no luck. If something got wet could THAT have caused some damage ? Just weird cause it ran so good lately and steered fine . Is their a battery for the steering servo or something easy i should look for instead of jumping into replacing the servo? How hard is it to replace the servo if that can be it. What is easiest way to test it or look for the issue? ??

Thanks so much again for the help !!

designed2survive

Provided that your servo is still working (you didn't mention it),

1- unplug the steering servo connector from the receiver

2- unplug the servo connector and plug it in the steering servo slot on the receiver

3- If it turns right and left you have a faulty steering servo

4- if it doesn't properly work, you have a receiver issue.

Lastly never wash your XB again with electronics on board unless you sealed them and made them 100% waterproof.

Last edited by a moderator:

andyken

I think what deigned2 was trying to say is swap the plugs on the rx.

The throttle will then control the steering, as a test, the gas/brake will be left/right.

Also you could remove the horn from the steering servo and see if it works as well as check for binding.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.