• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering Problem need help!!

16bob

I brand new to this hobby and bought an Earth Quake 8E electric all stock except for cooling fans. It's run fine then started to not steer as quick and easy as before then just stopped steering everything else works ok as far as throttle. I noticed that with the transmitter off and the car on the steering is loose and moves free but when I turn the transmitter on the steering servo becomes very tight and when I turn the steering knob the servo barely moves. Can anyone help with suggestions. Being new I know nothing and can not find a hobby shop to look at it when I say it is a redcat. NEED HELP PLEASE.

Deluge

Plug the steering servo into the throttle channel and see if it works as it should. If it doesn't, you need a new servo. If it does work, then it's probably a transmitter setting that needs to be adjusted. There should be a knob on the transmitter that's labeled D/R. This adjusts the amount of travel the steering servo has. If your servo turns out to be fine, adjust the D/R and see if that helps.

andyken

16bob said:
I brand new to this hobby and bought an Earth Quake 8E electric all stock except for cooling fans. It's run fine then started to not steer as quick and easy as before then just stopped steering everything else works ok as far as throttle. I noticed that with the transmitter off and the car on the steering is loose and moves free but when I turn the transmitter on the steering servo becomes very tight and when I turn the steering knob the servo barely moves Can anyone help with suggestions. Being new I know nothing and can not find a hobby shop to look at it when I say it is a redcat. NEED HELP PLEASE.
Could be the dual rate/trim on the transmitter? Is it a stock radio?

What adjustment/trim is on the radio?

16bob

plugged the steering servo into the throttle channel with no results, guess the servo has had it. It was a stock piece. Can anyone suggest a replacement that will hold up?

Deluge

The Hitec 5645 is awesome. I use it on my EMBE and it's held up to a lot, so far.

16bob

Thanks Deluge

I appreciate the advice I'm going out in the morning to look for 1 at my local hobby store I'll let U know if it fixed.

Thanks again

Bob

kcantrell6486

caldera 10e

I have a redcat caldera and I replaced servo and mt truck is steering to thw left. Im new wht should I do. What can I do to fix it thanks.

G

You should be able to fix it by adjusting the trim on the transmitter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts