• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Steering mount

CyberVet65

Contributor
When tightening the steering mount to the hub carrier I can't tighten more than finger tight or they bind. Apparently the aluminum flexes enough when tightened to cause the bind. So how do I prevent the bind yet still keep the front end together? Even loc-tite won't keep the hardware in. Am I assembling it wrong? There is an insert with the bolt. I have reversed it , left it out and the steering mount still binds beyond finger tight!

What can be done?

Thanks

CyberVet65

Contributor
apparently there are two mount types. One has a single tab and the other has a dual tab. the single tab compresses the hub and the steering binds. the dual tab does not. there are rc050006b parts, there are 50006 parts, there are aluminum parts and stock. So, since I can get the plastic now and upgrade late I am going that way.

G

CyberVet65 said:
apparently there are two mount types. One has a single tab and the other has a dual tab. the single tab compresses the hub and the steering binds. the dual tab does not. there are rc050006b parts, there are 50006 parts, there are aluminum parts and stock. So, since I can get the plastic now and upgrade late I am going that way.
The dual tab is the older version of the aluminum part. The current version has single mounting tabs. The bushing should prevent binding.

CyberVet65

Contributor
Unfortunately the binding exist. And the black plastic is still available. So I will use those. I talked to DDM and they did some digging and I guess this is the new style. I don't like a single bolt up front. So, plastic it is. :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online