• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

steering linkage hitting sway bar

Boatracer1000

Im trying to replace a bent front sway bar on a Rampage XT. The steering linkage is hitting the sway bar when the wheels are turned. Any advice? Anyone know where I can get a complete XT manual?

Thanx - Shaun

Boatracer1000

Nothing is set, truck was a basket case when I got it. Just reassembling everything right now. Check out the other thread for a pic of what I'm running into.

Boatracer1000

Here is what I'm dealing with

20150111_194950.jpg

20150111_194950.jpg

/monthly_2015_01/20150111_194950.jpg.adcf5abc168e3ffcc4488e41d39c7606.jpg

phreerider

Set bar deeper into collar, all the way to the bend. Then maybe a tweak with pliers to make perfect . If wheel space will allow flip linkage

Boatracer1000

Should I really have to bend parts or is there some other problem?

phreerider

no,

flip the linkage(steering link to caster arm) if room allows that should do it, also get the collar further up the bar and reset it as close to the bend as possible.

but flip the link like this ....

Boatracer1000

I flipped around the end at the wheel & had enough clearance! Thanks everyone! Now I just need to save up for a steering servo.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online